Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
116 Posts
Just finished up the install for my AddW1 oil catch cans. Install was fairly easy they now have the mounting brackets designed for the K5. They're even planning to use my install photos for the official installation guide!
View attachment 1113
If you don't mind me asking, what region are you located and have you considered variation in climate affecting the catch can system? It will soon be winter and I've heard recommendations from others to remove the catch cans whenever you're in a sub freezing temperature

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but the pcv valve port doesn't look like one I've ever seen. It looks like it uses a HUGE hose and goes to the back of the engine, rather than to the intake manifold. I have the same engine in my 2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid and want to install an oil catch can. Can anyone assure me this is the correct setup for the pcv valve, as I do not even see the valve at this location. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
942 Posts
I'm not sure if the hybrids have the same 1.6T engine as the gas-only cars, like the Hyundai Sonata and the Kia K5. Remember that while they may both be a 1.6T engine, they may be different in design and/or layout to accomodate the hybrid system.

Here's a video of someone delving into the parts of the Sonata's 1.6T engine (same engine as the Kia K5) for reference:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure if the hybrids have the same 1.6T engine as the gas-only cars, like the Hyundai Sonata and the Kia K5. Remember that while they may both be a 1.6T engine, they may be different in design and/or layout to accomodate the hybrid system.

Here's a video of someone delving into the parts of the Sonata's 1.6T engine (same engine as the Kia K5) for reference:
It's exactly the same 1.6L Turbo engine as the K5 and Sonata. I just haven't ever seen a PCV valve setup like this. Suspect it has to do with the gases going into the turbo. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's exactly the same 1.6L Turbo engine as the K5 and Sonata. I just haven't ever seen a PCV valve setup like this. Suspect it has to do with the gases going into the turbo. Thanks!
What I meant to say is that the routing of PVC vacuum lines and the PCV valve is the same. So I'll be using this setup for my oil catch can too.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
942 Posts
I wasn't sure if they changed the engine to the newer 1.6T for the '22 hybrid models, but good to know that it's the same one!

The older 1.6T engines had the PCV more towards the front but the newer ones are routed more behind the engine, with the CCV towards the front instead.

The turbo is also behind the engine with it's own little heat shield, which I found funny. 😂

21 - 26 of 26 Posts