Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased 1 TSW Clypse 19x8.5 with a 40 Offset wheel and wanted to mount to the car to see fitment. Looks good and does not hang out past the fender.

Not sure if i want to go up to a 20” wheel as the 19” looks a little small.

Anyone know if a 20x8.5 with roughly a 40 offset will fit my lowered car (adro springs) without modification/rubbing?

Should I run a little narrower tire than OEM or possibly get the camber adjusted?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Looks good from here. 19s are perfect and 20s are ok. Ride quality and speedometer is the factor in this equation. 20s will have a smaller sidewall and will have less comfort with your Adro. 19s with a thicker sidewall will have a better ride. Also, speedometer will be <1 mile off

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good from here. 19s are perfect and 20s are ok. Ride quality and speedometer is the factor in this equation. 20s will have a smaller sidewall and will have less comfort with your Adro. 19s with a thicker sidewall will have a better ride. Also, speedometer will be <1 mile off
Thanks
Wondering if I can get a 9.5” wide with a 40 offset on the rear with some negative camber to get that deeper concave look?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Anyone got a 8.5" wheel with a 30 offset? Wondering if this is doable again possibly with some negative camber in the back.
My 18x8.5 +35 is getting a color change. Should be good with stock 235/45 tires. I might add spacers and camber bolt/plates to the front to add -neg camber.

FYI. Stock rear camber max is 2.3°

Thanks
Wondering if I can get a 9.5” wide with a 40 offset on the rear with some negative camber to get that deeper concave look?
Yes. 235/35 tires
This is the setup I will move to after the stock tires are done for

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 18x8.5 +35 is getting a color change. Should be good with stock 235/45 tires. I might add spacers and camber bolt/plates to the front to add -neg camber.

Yes. 235/35 tires
I just don’t want any wheel poking past the fender…

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes. 235/35 tires
Do you have any pics of what is on there now?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts