Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
How cold was it? You can kind of hear that ticking at cold start on mine but it is not nearly as pronounced.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does it even after driving for 30 mins.
Going in for an oil change on Thursday.
The thing is, as I'm driving I don't hear it or if I rev the engine it doesn't get louder... Kind e goes away. No vibrations or anything. Very smooth at idle and great power delivery.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 kia techs took a look and all seems normal according to them. Possibly what I'm hearing is lifter noise.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
45 Posts
Not sure if this normal or not but can anyone with the GT take a listen and compare with yours?

Is this noise only on cold start? How long since your oil was changed? The noise you are hearing is the lifters in the engine. Not uncommon for them to be a little louder in colder temps. You should be changing your engine oil at least every 3k miles with this engine and turbo. Also, try not to use gas that has ethanol.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use shell 91 and oils get changed every 6k kms. Sound louder when it's cold outside.
Only started noticing the sound with colder weather. Sometimes it's not as loud hence my question about using different oil.
Tomorrow it's getting an oil change. Will pay attention to see if it makes a difference. Using dealer synthetic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts