Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my new 21 K5 for about 2 1/2 weeks. This morning, I turned the car on and all of a sudden, after the system check, a bunch of warning lights on the dashboard came on.

• ABS
  • Forward safety system
  • Stability
  • Auto Hold
No idea why. None of these features now work.

·
Registered
'21 K5 EX, black/black w/prem pkg
34 Posts
Please let us know what you find out. I was thinking perhaps something was blocking the sensors on the front (radar and front camera) and the rear, at the bumper corners of your car (ice, snow, salt, dirt) but that is a lot to go wrong all at once. I have 1350 mi. on mine after 6 weeks - so far so good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had my K5 Gt line for 2 weeks making loud metal grinding sound. Been in shop for a week can't figure out what's wrong with it. Says maybe the transfer case for the AWD. Who knows so frustrating... How does this happen on brand new car

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please let us know what you find out. I was thinking perhaps something was blocking the sensors on the front (radar and front camera) and the rear, at the bumper corners of your car (ice, snow, salt, dirt) but that is a lot to go wrong all at once. I have 1350 mi. on mine after 6 weeks - so far so good.
Well, I didn't find out anything yet. But, it seems to have hopefully been an isolated incident. The car sat for a few hours that day and when I went back later and turned it on, there were no issues. It hasn't happened since. Doesn't put a great taste in my mouth for the future, but hopefully it was a fluke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep the sensor free of snow and ice and any other debris, Its located in the front of the car, just under the license plate. It happened to me, I just cleaned off the snow and everything went back to normal, I hope that helps?!?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my new 21 K5 for about 2 1/2 weeks. This morning, I turned the car on and all of a sudden, after the system check, a bunch of warning lights on the dashboard came on.

• ABS
  • Forward safety system
  • Stability
  • Auto Hold
No idea why. None of these features now work. View attachment 578 View attachment 579 View attachment 580
Same thing has been happening to mine! It’s been in the shop on 3 separate occasions for this and no one knows what wrong with it!

·
Registered
2 Posts

• ABS
  • Forward safety system
  • Stability
  • Auto Hold
No idea why. None of these features now work. View attachment 578 View attachment 579 View attachment 580
I’ve had this exact problem about 7 times now . Every time you let the car sit it goes away tho …

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similarly issue, where my Cruise Control and Head on Collision keeps getting disabled! I went to 3 different shops and even replaced my bumper (had a crack on it). Still having the same issues. None of the kia shops know what to do. I even called the manufacturer and they are like all the test seems fine to us. No dust, Debris, or anything damaged on the car. I had this problem for over 1 month and yet Kia doesn't has no solution. I have a lot of videos for proof. Even the technician drove the car and saw the problem. If anyone has any solution lmk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts