Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
I'm pretty sure your car has an override switch. Check in the trunk. It's there.
We kind of went over this issue in another thread about the a gas door release latch in the trunk. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be one for the 2021+ K5.

I don't think anyone has tried it out yet but perhaps unplugging the module would release the lock on the gas door. I'm thinking that there's a solenoid in the module that might hold a mechanism in palce to lock the door and maybe cutting the power to the module would release the lock.

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
I had a 2014 Kia Optima for five years I really like it till the motor seized in 2020 and Kia did nothing about it and I still owed $5,000 on it I had too roll if over onto my K5..I think its time too change brands
I assume you had over 100,000 miles on your Optima Otherwise, the powertrain warranty would have applied. You owned the car for 6 years and still owed $5000? What was it an 8 year loan? 馃槅

Registered
Well, I didn't find out anything yet. But, it seems to have hopefully been an isolated incident. The car sat for a few hours that day and when I went back later and turned it on, there were no issues. It hasn't happened since. Doesn't put a great taste in my mouth for the future, but hopefully it was a fluke.

Registered
Had this issue for almost a year now. Kia just don't know what they have done. Took me 11mo later to take it to my long reliable mechanic that has a great reputation, to tell me its gotta be the speed sensors or any of them including transmission speed sensor. Cuz for the first time ever, was coming from Birmingham and my car would not shift. It would struggle.
Speedometer Car Trip computer Vehicle Odometer

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
Just in case, check the fuses in the fuse box and see if any of them are blown. Also, I don't know how common it is in your area but double check the connections and wires under the engine cover as well for any critters that might have tried to make a home there or any chewed wires.

Registered
I've had my new 21 K5 for about 2 1/2 weeks. This morning, I turned the car on and all of a sudden, after the system check, a bunch of warning lights on the dashboard came on.

• ABS
  • Forward safety system
  • Stability
  • Auto Hold
No idea why. None of these features now work. View attachment 578 View attachment 579 View attachment 580
My car did the same and has been at the kia dealership shop now for 4 weeks. i have been without a car they told me i have to file my insurance i must of hit something and it messed up all my sensors. which i hit something in the road like 5/6 months ago but its just now messing up "they say" which cant be true. Now kia is giving me the run around like they are holding my car hostage with no real answers i asked for a print out of whats wrong before i file my insurance

Registered
This has happened to my k5 3 times over the last year, all in the middle of the night. When I got up in the morning to go to the dealership, all of my systems were back on. It happened to me again today, and luckily I made it to the dealership before close so they can see it with their own eyes. They told me that a wheel sensor went out that caused all of this and are currently replacing it. So we will see what happens when I get the car back.

Registered
I've had my new 21 K5 for about 2 1/2 weeks. This morning, I turned the car on and all of a sudden, after the system check, a bunch of warning lights on the dashboard came on.

• ABS
  • Forward safety system
  • Stability
  • Auto Hold
No idea why. None of these features now work. View attachment 578 View attachment 579 View attachment 580
I have the same issue they said I hit something and made me file it on my insurance which I know wasn鈥檛 true. Now they鈥檝e had my car 3months and still can鈥檛 figure out what鈥檚 wrong

Registered
Well, I didn't find out anything yet. But, it seems to have hopefully been an isolated incident. The car sat for a few hours that day and when I went back later and turned it on, there were no issues. It hasn't happened since. Doesn't put a great taste in my mouth for the future, but hopefully it was a fluke.
It鈥檚 going to happen again and not turn off same way mine did it eventually did it and the lights wouldn鈥檛 go off.
I was in the middle of traffic making a turn and it was like the power steering went out so be careful

Registered
My wife鈥檚 k5 gt has been in the shop the last six weeks for this problem. Happens when you鈥檙e driving , lose all speedometers , temp gauge , all warning systems light up. Zero answers from Kia. They鈥檝e had Kia helping to trouble shoot claiming they鈥檝e not seen this in another k5 and they have zero clue how to fix it . We got it back yesterday , wife drove twenty minutes home to have it happen all over again so back to the shop it went . Only has a thousand miles on it, ever owned it three months and it鈥檚 been in the shop six weeks . This is our first Kia and it鈥檚 likely going to be our last . Started the buy back process yesterday
Who do I speak with about the buy back process?

Registered
My wife鈥檚 k5 gt has been in the shop the last six weeks for this problem. Happens when you鈥檙e driving , lose all speedometers , temp gauge , all warning systems light up. Zero answers from Kia. They鈥檝e had Kia helping to trouble shoot claiming they鈥檝e not seen this in another k5 and they have zero clue how to fix it . We got it back yesterday , wife drove twenty minutes home to have it happen all over again so back to the shop it went . Only has a thousand miles on it, ever owned it three months and it鈥檚 been in the shop six weeks . This is our first Kia and it鈥檚 likely going to be our last . Started the buy back process yesterday
Who would I speak with on the Kia buy back process

Registered
2022 K5 GT line FWD
If you want to get rid of it try Vroom or Carmax. I sent my VIN to Vroom just to see what they would do, and the offered me 34k for mine. The sticker was 29.5k. I like mine so far and keeping it. I bought it because I wanted a warranty, but if things go south there are options.

Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
Had my K5 Gt line for 2 weeks making loud metal grinding sound. Been in shop for a week can't figure out what's wrong with it. Says maybe the transfer case for the AWD. Who knows so frustrating... How does this happen on brand new car
Follow your states Lemon Law exactly. Documentation is everything. 3 complaints for the same issue will usually allow the Lemon Law to force the dealer to replace vehicle.

Registered
This sa

• ABS
  • Forward safety system
  • Stability
  • Auto Hold
This same thing is happening to my 2022 Kia K5 GT-Line with 726 miles.
Since I just bought the vehicle in the states in late Jan and shipped it overseas because I'm in the military, Kia USA corporate is not willing to help since the warranty isn't valid in Germany. Also, the German Kia dealerships can't help since they do not make the K5 here.

Has anyone found a solution for this? Dealing with Kia corporate has been the worst. Even though the lady had to "thank me for my service" while saying it was my fault for shipping the car overseas in the same sentence....haha
I can't register the vehicle either since it will not pass the safety inspection with all these lights on.

Registered
Nope... not isolated. My car done the exact same thing. I took it in and they kept it for weeks and SAID, it was a leak from the windshield making water run into something. I don't know. They replaced my windshield or at least the trim/sealant and I haven't had that issue again. But that issue is one of a few actually....

Registered
Same thing has been happening to mine! It鈥檚 been in the shop on 3 separate occasions for this and no one knows what wrong with it!
I work with these Adas systems for work, what might fix your issue if if you get your entire adas system recalibrated, I recommend you go to a safelite auto glass and ask them for a recalibration, I say go to a safelite because of you go to the dealer they'll charge you more for the same exact thing.

Registered
Did they ever say what was wrong? Or what they replaced. Mines in shop currently it had the steering Column replaced and that didn't fix it.

Registered

• ABS
  • Forward safety system
  • Stability
  • Auto Hold
Anything new on this situation? Mine is doing that but I have the eps light on Instead of abs

21 - 40 of 42 Posts