Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
I'm pretty sure your car has an override switch. Check in the trunk. It's there.
We kind of went over this issue in another thread about the a gas door release latch in the trunk. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be one for the 2021+ K5.

I don't think anyone has tried it out yet but perhaps unplugging the module would release the lock on the gas door. I'm thinking that there's a solenoid in the module that might hold a mechanism in palce to lock the door and maybe cutting the power to the module would release the lock.

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
I had a 2014 Kia Optima for five years I really like it till the motor seized in 2020 and Kia did nothing about it and I still owed $5,000 on it I had too roll if over onto my K5..I think its time too change brands
I assume you had over 100,000 miles on your Optima Otherwise, the powertrain warranty would have applied. You owned the car for 6 years and still owed $5000? What was it an 8 year loan? 馃槅

Registered
Well, I didn't find out anything yet. But, it seems to have hopefully been an isolated incident. The car sat for a few hours that day and when I went back later and turned it on, there were no issues. It hasn't happened since. Doesn't put a great taste in my mouth for the future, but hopefully it was a fluke.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts