Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, but I am quite active and have an account over at at hyundai-forums.com with my 2021 Hyundai Sonata.

I have a lot of custom interior/exterior mods in the works on my 21 Hyundai NLine and Kia/Hyundai fooled me and I'm an idiot for not checking more carefully.

I ordered Kia K5 door sills to get custom skinned in carbon fiber since I thought they were identical and more readily available and less money than the sister 20-21 Sonata counterparts.

I should've checked a lot more closely, because I just got them back today after waiting almost 7 weeks to get them covered in carbon fiber and they look nearly identical except for the last rocker style tab which is off by an inch.

My guess is they will fit all 2021-22 K5 trim levels?

Part numbers:
85880-L3000WK
85870-L3000WK

These were professionally skinned and hand laid in real twill carbon fiber with a high gloss epoxy coating.

Would like to get some of my money back on these, they're one-offs you wont find anywhere, figured I would offer them to you guys before putting them on eBay most likely for a bit more than I am asking here.

Here is the Kia door sill next to my original N Line Sonata door sill 🤦‍♂️

A couple videos I uploaded showing the Twill Real Carbon Fiber out in the sun

Skinning cost me $299, both new OEM door sills shipped from Kia cost me $56, so I am all in at around $355 and a 7 week wait.

Asking $299 plus actual ground shipping to your zip code.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In case anyone is wondering where these go, someone asked me so figured I would post what a lower door sill is/goes.

Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Tar Flooring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts