Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this engine that needs fuel injectors cleaned often covered under the 10 year warranty. I am getting tired of paying $135 every 15,000 miles for this repair. I did install a catch can and it has helped. I am not real happy with this GDI stuff and almost every car has this on it now. Does other manufactures have same issues?

· Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,396 Posts
I personally use the STP Pro-Series Intake Valve Cleaner. It smooths out the idling for me and makes it quieter by cleaning out the carbon built up behind the intake valves and probably a bit on the throttle body as well since it passes through there first before the valves. It's about twice the price of the CRC GDI cleaner (about $42) but well worth the extra cost since no special tool is needed and you can do it by yourself without help.

Maintaining a clean intake valve and throttle body helps prolong the life of your engine and keeps the MPG near what it should be when new.

Usually the whole process takes me around 15-20mins as well. Then I take the car out for a ride to clear out the exhaust until the smoke clears out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts