Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm having the same issue and the lower radiator hose is cold
My radiator hoses were both the correct temperature. Im supposed to be getting my vehicle back today (it spent 8 days at the dealership). They said that the problem was air in the cooling system from the factory... They bled the cooling system 3 times and then have test driven it 30 miles "hard" and the problem seems to have been resolved. I will see if it is fixed during my 2 hour drive to thanksgiving dinner tomorrow...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My radiator hoses were both the correct temperature. Im supposed to be getting my vehicle back today (it spent 8 days at the dealership). They said that the problem was air in the cooling system from the factory... They bled the cooling system 3 times and then have test driven it 30 miles "hard" and the problem seems to have been resolved. I will see if it is fixed during my 2 hour drive to thanksgiving dinner tomorrow...
WELL...... was on my way home and it overheated again.... took the service manager on a test drive to show him in person the exact conditions that i can easily get it to overheat.. they told me they will have to have one of Kia's corporate engineers make a trip to the dealership to investigate further, they still dont understand what is going on. If this continues much longer without resolution i think ill see my options for a Lemon law buyback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WELL...... was on my way home and it overheated again.... took the service manager on a test drive to show him in person the exact conditions that i can easily get it to overheat.. they told me they will have to have one of Kia's corporate engineers make a trip to the dealership to investigate further, they still dont understand what is going on. If this continues much longer without resolution i think ill see my options for a Lemon law buyback.
Any updates on your car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Any updates on your car?
Got it back from the dealership on monday after having to wait a month for the part to come in from overseas. They replaced the Integrated ITMM module, Part #256002s000. After 2 days of driving the temp gauge doesnt budge at all after giving it throttle which is great. It seems like the issue is finally fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got it back from the dealership on monday after having to wait a month for the part to come in from overseas. They replaced the Integrated ITMM module, Part #256002s000. After 2 days of driving the temp gauge doesnt budge at all after giving it throttle which is great. It seems like the issue is finally fixed.
It never tripped a check engine code right?

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT
3 Posts
I'm curious to know if anyone else has had the problem my 2021 GT (7,000 miles) is experiencing..

When traveling at Highway speeds and then accelerating at half throttle or more after only a few seconds the car rapidly begins to overheat. The first time it happened i actually received an overheat warning message and audio tone. The car cools down quickly after cruising without any additional acceleration. I dont live in a particularly hot area (Southern California) and it has been happening in 70 degree weather.

The car is at the dealership right now but they cant seem to diagnose it at this point. They are able to re-create the issue during a test drive but cant seem to figure it out in the shop, no codes or other clues. The thermostat is functioning properly, coolant is full, radiator fans kick in and there are no apparent leaks. Really baffling...
I'm curious to know if anyone else has had the problem my 2021 GT (7,000 miles) is experiencing..

When traveling at Highway speeds and then accelerating at half throttle or more after only a few seconds the car rapidly begins to overheat. The first time it happened i actually received an overheat warning message and audio tone. The car cools down quickly after cruising without any additional acceleration. I dont live in a particularly hot area (Southern California) and it has been happening in 70 degree weather.

The car is at the dealership right now but they cant seem to diagnose it at this point. They are able to re-create the issue during a test drive but cant seem to figure it out in the shop, no codes or other clues. The thermostat is functioning properly, coolant is full, radiator fans kick in and there are no apparent leaks. Really baffling...
How much was the temperature gauge inside showing, was it all the way to Hot or was it only partially above the halfway mark. I have a similar issue and I'm curious if it was far off from your situation, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How much was the temperature gauge inside showing, was it all the way to Hot or was it only partially above the halfway mark. I have a similar issue and I'm curious if it was far off from your situation, thanks.
Ours was all the way with no steam, fan running,belts and hoses fine ,fluid fine. It's been 5 weeks now waiting on the thermal module (thermostat part)

·
Registered
2 Posts

I had the exact same issue with my 2021 k5 GT with 10,650 miles...... Car is at the dealer for service. analysis Waiting, to hear back from them. Not a happy camper paying 32k to have engine issues.....

21 - 33 of 33 Posts