Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5/GTLine
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I pray that all is well. I have a 2021 Kia K5 GTLine. I’ve noticed that the welcome chime and display greeting doesn’t come on all the time. I.e. when I get out the car, I lock the doors (sometimes with remote, sometimes by pressing the button on the door), and then I return in less than 20 minutes, my car will display the welcome greeting and chime once the doors are closed. Now if I stay away from my car longer than 20 minutes, unlock the doors (with remote or pressing button on door), my welcome display, chime and greeting does not play once the doors are closed . In my dad’s K900 and my mom’s Sorento, the welcome message play every single time I get in and close the doors. I’m wondering why does the K5 welcome chime and display screen only work if and when I return back to the car within a short period of time. Anyone else noticed that about the K5? Maybe I’m doing something wrong? Or maybe there’s a issue that I need to have addressed with the service department when I take my car In for the Apple car play update? Your answers are very much appreciated and I look forward to possibly fixing this issue . It’s driving me crazy. God bless and take care everyone.

-Karen

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
Hi Karen and welcome!

Try checking the settings for the Welcome sound, lights, and message in the instrument cluster Settings menu. The Welcome settings should be under Convenience. Perhaps a setting was changed before you got your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts