Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, with the way the new badge is on the car, debadging just it makes super clean!
Yea. The main rear one is a little bit of a pain because of the sharp edges of the emblem and the angle you have to get at. Otherwise extremely easy and very clean outcome. Very happy to see there wasn’t any alignment holes behind the emblems.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hate the new logo ! this de badge looks great. Got rid of the pesky gt line badge as well. Lol. i think I may do this on my gt 🤔

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hate the new logo ! this de badge looks great. Got rid of the pesky gt line badge as well. Lol. i think I may do this on my gt 🤔
Or I’ll do what I did in the last one and put all carbon fiber badges Definitely looks better darker or not there at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or I’ll do what I did in the last one and put all carbon fiber badges Definitely looks better darker or not there at all.
Yea blacking mine out was option #2 for me but I am deff happy I went for the cleaner look.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea blacking mine out was option #2 for me but I am deff happy I went for the cleaner look.
Ya i think I’m gonna go the cleaner route as well. Can always get the factory badges for about 30$ from my supplier in Korea If i dont like it

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
You can debadge a '21 model but it'll have that crater where the stock badge would be. And I believe they also have holes in the hood for guide pegs on the badge.

@Skypier
I'm a bit late but to answer your question, they always paint and clear coat the car first before applying the badge from factory so there will always be paint underneath it like the rest of the body.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How to debadge? Is their paint behind it or?
Apply light heat (blow dryer for a few seconds) and then fishing line/monofilament. Use a paint safe adhesive remover to get the rest of the stuff stuck on and you’ll be good to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts