Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2022 white GT line yesterday!! wanting to do something with the emblems. i like the new style a million times better than the old emblems. however, i’m wondering if anyone has modded them, replaced them, or just removed completely.

i’m leaning towards removal right now because i haven’t seen any other mods yet.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
74 Posts
Just got a 2022 white GT line yesterday!! wanting to do something with the emblems. i like the new style a million times better than the old emblems. however, i’m wondering if anyone has modded them, replaced them, or just removed completely.

i’m leaning towards removal right now because i haven’t seen any other mods yet.
Personally I think the new emblems are ugly and cheep looking on the cars at least the old ones had some class.

·
Registered
110 Posts
do you know of the new ones are just glued on?
The new emblems can be taken off with a heat gun. I went to the dealer and they aren't willing to replace them because it's such a pain in the ***. You can buy the emblems from the dealer though, and take it to a shop to get done. The emblems cost about $75 I believe for front back and steering wheel, and about $200 for a shop to replace them.

·
Banned
126 Posts

no emblem is way to go
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have the 2022. Removed all of them. Removed the K5, GT and both Kia emblems. Live in TX and did it last sunday when the temps hit 103. Put car in the sunlight. Not sure how hot the exterior surface got but with some dental floss (several peices) got all emblems off, used my thumb to get most of the glue off, and used goof off to remove the residue. Then recoated each area with my ceramic polish. The whole process took just over an hour of work time.
No heat gun or hair dryer needed. no potential paint damage due to too much heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts