Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice the gt line’s now come with a lot more standard than the 2021 and I believe are cheaper......

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
211 Posts
It does seem to be about $500 - $600 less than 2021. The only difference I see is all GT-Lines appear have the 10.25" infotainment system with sirius radio & UVO. I think you needed the AWD or premium before.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
53 Posts
Yeah I think they are cheaper because standard doesn’t come with the panoramic sunroof or LED interior lighting. Suggest picking up the premium package to get those if you want a more premium feel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Almost impossible to compare pricing between 21 and 22 with all the package realignments they did. Can’t get an equal comparison easily unless you have everything.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT Line
6 Posts
Yeah I think they are cheaper because standard doesn’t come with the panoramic sunroof or LED interior lighting. Suggest picking up the premium package to get those if you want a more premium feel
I am kind of regretting not getting the premium package on my gt line fwd but this was the only car that they had left and I was already over my mileage on my 2019 kia optima.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am kind of regretting not getting the premium package on my gt line fwd but this was the only car that they had left and I was already over my mileage on my 2019 kia optima.
Still a great car choice (and color but I am biased)! It is interesting with their shuffling around of the options what is available on each trim and what they put behind the premium packages. At least you got the bigger screen, I prefer it a lot over the 8 inch.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
211 Posts
Still a great car choice (and color but I am biased)! It is interesting with their shuffling around of the options what is available on each trim and what they put behind the premium packages. At least you got the bigger screen, I prefer it a lot over the 8 inch.
While the 10.25" screen is nice, I opted for the 8" because I wanted wireless Android Auto/Carplay support which I think I heard was removed for the 2022 model year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
While the 10.25" screen is nice, I opted for the 8" because I wanted wireless Android Auto/Carplay support which I think I heard was removed for the 2022 model year.
Yeah, that is nice, I have a unit in my Jeep which does the wireless apple carplay so you don't have to fumble with plugging in the phone. I have heard for over a year that there will eventually be an update for the 10.25 inch screen but it's been a while now....

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
211 Posts
I have heard for over a year that there will eventually be an update for the 10.25 inch screen but it's been a while now....
I hope so, it doesn't make sense to have a wireless charger on a car when you have to plug the phone in to use it. Although, that would mean that I forsook the bigger display for no reason. 😆

·
Registered
102 Posts
Supposedly the wireless android auto will be back with a firmware update at some point... hopefully.

I couldn't care less for the sunroof, so glad the care didn't come with it. In the stinger package shuffling the roof is coupled with the upgraded stereo. I wouldn't mind the latter, but don't want a hole in the roof.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
211 Posts
Supposedly the wireless android auto will be back with a firmware update at some point... hopefully.

I couldn't care less for the sunroof, so glad the care didn't come with it. In the stinger package shuffling the roof is coupled with the upgraded stereo. I wouldn't mind the latter, but don't want a hole in the roof.
I can't remember, I think the sunroof was part of the AWD package. I could take it or leave it ... I'd definately trade the sunroof for a damn sunglasses holder.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
918 Posts
Yeah, the AWD option comes with its own "Premium" package, that's separate from the actual Premium Package... I always found that a bit strange. 😅

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can't remember, I think the sunroof was part of the AWD package. I could take it or leave it ... I'd definately trade the sunroof for a damn sunglasses holder.
True, interesting that there's no sunglass holder, though I wonder if that would have looked awkward in the car if it was going to sit down a little below the roofline. Is there a sunglass holder in Kia's crossovers/SUVs/MPV? Wonder if they have more space in that area which allows it :unsure: - I end up just putting the sunglasses in the door pocket. I've seen an organizer for the center console posted here before but not actually sure if it's too helpful.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
918 Posts
Yeah, in some models there's an integrated sunglasses compartment up where the map light area is, near the windshield. You tap it and it opens up slowly. It might be that the sunroof mechanism takes up the space for a sunglasses holder.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
211 Posts
True, interesting that there's no sunglass holder, though I wonder if that would have looked awkward in the car if it was going to sit down a little below the roofline. Is there a sunglass holder in Kia's crossovers/SUVs/MPV? Wonder if they have more space in that area which allows it :unsure: - I end up just putting the sunglasses in the door pocket. I've seen an organizer for the center console posted here before but not actually sure if it's too helpful.
I had a 2016 Optima EX with the sunroof and it had a sunglasses holder. The Optima interior is very similar to the k5, I have no idea why they did not include one in the k5. I have the center console organizer. That is where I keep my sunglasses. It is a bit of a pain to switch between my regular glasses and sunglasses while driving. Oh well, 1st world problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts