Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,
I have the non-Bose speaker system in my GT-Line. Does anyone know if the center area on the dashboard has a mount and/or wiring for a center speaker? I haven't taken the grill off yet to see.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Everything you need to know about Non Bose system in GT Line. This is a direct link to post #10

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a followup to this question actually and was using the linked thread post #10. I am assuming since the GT line does not have a speaker there, there is no dangling wire/harness so you would have to run your own wire to this speaker. If I were to do so, would it be ok to tap into one of the tweeters on the dash or if there a better place to tap for it to get additional sound versus just the highs that are likely sent to the tweeters. As in, if I wanted full-range on the speaker where would I tap if I am not installing any DSP for this.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
I had a followup to this question actually and was using the linked thread post #10. I am assuming since the GT line does not have a speaker there, there is no dangling wire/harness so you would have to run your own wire to this speaker. If I were to do so, would it be ok to tap into one of the tweeters on the dash or if there a better place to tap for it to get additional sound versus just the highs that are likely sent to the tweeters. As in, if I wanted full-range on the speaker where would I tap if I am not installing any DSP for this.
I believe, but dont quote me. You can tap into the door speaker wires. People have swapped out the door speakers with a Coaxial speaker and have been happy with the upgrade

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ended up putting in a center channel in my wife's car finally today. A 2023 GT line with no BOSE so there was no wiring or harness to the center channel. I bought a Boss 3.5 inch speaker off Amazon that sells for $15 and they sell them in singles likely for this specific purpose. Used a butter knife to pop out the center grill and the tweeter and ran the wiring through gaps in the dash after lowering the glovebox down and used T-Taps to connect it, took maybe 2 feet of speaker wire. The speaker fits perfectly fine in the slot that already exists. I also bought the Bose center speaker cover with the perforations for the stock look and the sound to spill through.

Given it is a cheapo speaker and tapped into the tweeter only portion it gets whatever power the stock deck is pushing towards it and actually sounds really great. Gives a bunch of extra sounds bouncing off the windshield and some bass even. Here's a picture of it installed without the grill cover on.
Light Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Cameras & optics
Computer Wood Personal computer Netbook Material property

1 - 5 of 5 Posts