Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced what seems to me to sound like valves ticking? It’s only noticeable at very low idle speeds. But it’s very loud. Thought at first it was due to the car not being warmed up. Does it when the oil has reached operating temp as well.
appreciate any input
thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
31 Posts
I have the 2022 K5 GT with the 2.5T. I have noticed a ticking sound as well but only when I have the "Auto Hold" engaged. Is that when yours makes the sound or is it just when you are in park?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 2022 K5 GT with the 2.5T. I have noticed a ticking sound as well but only when I have the "Auto Hold" engaged. Is that when yours makes the sound or is it just when you are in park?
I notice mine when idling. Especially driving out of the neighborhood at low speeds.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
31 Posts
I haven't heard it any other time other than when I am at a drive thru fast food using the Auto Hold function. Otherwise my engine sounds fine. You might want to go to a dealership and take advantage of Kia's great warranty. I'm not sure of the cause of the noise you are hearing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't heard it any other time other thank when I am at a drive thru fast food using the Auto Hold function. Otherwise my engine sounds fine. You might want to go to a dealership and take advantage of Kia's great warranty. I'm not sure of the cause of the noise you are hearing.
Thanks for the replies. I’m sure for my first oil change shortly. I’ll talk to the dealer and see what happens. 👍

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT
3 Posts
I haven't heard it since I swapped over to Amsoil signature series 0W-30 - has kept this 2.5l turbo motor running strong. About to roll 20,000 miles and no issues. Do you run 93 octane fuel? I also noticed certain fuels did cause pings and ticks at idle speeds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I’m sure for my first oil change shortly. I’ll talk to the dealer and see what happens. 👍
Thanks for the reply. Haven’t had my first oil change yet. As far as the octane level. I’ve been rotating between 91/87. I’ll take out a small loan and try 93. :)
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone experienced what seems to me to sound like valves ticking? It’s only noticeable at very low idle speeds. But it’s very loud. Thought at first it was due to the car not being warmed up. Does it when the oil has reached operating temp as well.
appreciate any input
thanks,
Joe
Very rough engine sound overall. And if I put the car into Sport mode it gets a bit worse. Not terrible but concerning. Just did my first oil change at a local Kia dealer not where I bought the car but didn’t ask them about it then. Didn’t like the dealer anyway but on my next oil change I’ll take it to a dealership I used to go to. They couldn’t beat another dealerships price so I didn’t buy it there but the service crew are pretty good. Will let you know how it goes. Don’t be surprised if Kia does a recall on these issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very rough engine sound overall. And if I put the car into Sport mode it gets a bit worse. Not terrible but concerning. Just did my first oil change at a local Kia dealer not where I bought the car but didn’t ask them about it then. Didn’t like the dealer anyway but on my next oil change I’ll take it to a dealership I used to go to. They couldn’t beat another dealerships price so I didn’t buy it there but the service crew are pretty good. Will let you know how it goes. Don’t be surprised if Kia does a recall on these issues.
Thanks 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts