Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! This is my first post here, and I’m excited to share that I have ordered a 2022 K5 GT with the GT1 package and can’t wait to bring it home!

I have a couple questions about the 2022 K5s and the possibility of installing the Homelink Auto Dimming Mirror. This is listed as an option when “building” a 2022 K5 GT on the Kia website.

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

The parts department at my local dealership is telling me that they don’t have the Homelink Auto Dimming Mirror in their parts catalog for the 2022 K5s, and that they are only available for the 2021 K5s. I called Kia corporate customer service and they directed me to kiaaccessoryguide dot com, and I also don’t see this as an option for the 2022 K5s.
  • Is the Homelink Auto Dimming Mirror (OEM # L3F62 AU000) compatible with the 2022 models?
  • Are the 2022 models pre-wired for this option, or is installing a wire harness down to the fuse box or elsewhere required?
  • Anyone have experience with getting this installed at the dealership or on their own?
I appreciate any feedback!

Cheers,
Rooska

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 22 GT w/GT-1 package and it came with the Homelink mirror as an accessory when I purchased. So, it must be a dealer-installed option along with the floor mats, trunk light and mud guards.
Font Publication Book Paper Paper product

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
I got mine installed by the dealer after purchase. They ordered the part and installed it at a later date when the part arrived. I have the '21 model also but I don't see why it would only be exclusive to the '21 models when nothing around the mirror and windshield area had any changes done to it.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Siber - Thanks for the info. I went with the black and chestnut brown interior. I’m in love! The black is going to be a bear to keep looking clean, but overall I’m very happy. I’ll give my dealer another ring and ask about getting the homelink mirror installed and mention your situation.

@KunoMochi - Thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts