Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia is currently updating their site with 2022 model info. I'm hoping there's a typo on the headlight type for the EX trim. It seems the default lamp is an LED Reflector, which can be upgraded to LED Projector with the Premium Package on the GT-Line and GT trims. But it seems the EX has the Reflectors and cannot be upgraded. Are there any 2022 K5 EX trim owners who can confirm this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
That is weird... If you want to, you can try calling Kia and asking them about it to clear up any obscure details about the trims. Hopefully it's just something they forgot to add on the site and is already included but will update the site info to match. Otherwise, I'm sure they'll tell you if the info on the site is correct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I opened a case with Kia to confirm my question, and their answer was disappointing. Basically, it was a canned response and said some business decisions were made on which trims get the Premium upgrades. Soooooo, I guess that means the EX trim is unable to get LED Projector lights. That is a bummer. If anyone here has the LED Reflector lights (regardless of trim), I would appreciate any nighttime driving experiences you have. Is it hard to see? I've heard that vehicles built after Nov'20 are better than those built before, but it's simply going from a Poor to Adequate rating. I'm debating between the GT-Line (Premium) versus the EX trim, but if those reflector lights suck, then I guess it's GT-Line with Premium upgrade for me.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
I have the projector headlights, and they take some getting used to. It is completely different than any other car I've ever owned. Also, there is this v shaped void supposedly to prevent blinding oncoming traffic, and I'm not a fan. If you are on a slight right hand curve then the void is right in the lane in front of you. They are super bright though, and it is weird how sharp the edge of the light is. I'm used to the old style where the light kind of diffuses into darkness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the projector headlights, and they take some getting used to. It is completely different than any other car I've ever owned. Also, there is this v shaped void supposedly to prevent blinding oncoming traffic, and I'm not a fan. If you are on a slight right hand curve then the void is right in the lane in front of you. They are super bright though, and it is weird how sharp the edge of the light is. I'm used to the old style where the light kind of diffuses into darkness.
I really like the projectors on my Mazda CX-5. Super clear at night. I guess that's why I'm leaning towards projector. Also, I have zero experience with the LED Reflectors, but I imagine they are a lot better than Halogen reflectors on the old Sedona that we're replacing.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
I really like the projectors on my Mazda CX-5. Super clear at night. I guess that's why I'm leaning towards projector. Also, I have zero experience with the LED Reflectors, but I imagine they are a lot better than Halogen reflectors on the old Sedona that we're replacing.
I didn't mean to come off like I don't like them. I just haven't adjusted to them yet. They are super bright. When I go in for my 1st service I'm going to ask if they can do anything about the void. I suspect not, since it seems like it was intentionally set up like that.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX AWD
15 Posts
Thanks for the info. What i meant to say was what bulb number? Is it h7, hb3, hb4, h11 and so on. I can't really start taking apart the headlight assembly because i just got back surgery and can't do any physical stuff for the next month or so. I thought it would be great info for all K5 owners. It is very hard finding out bulb numbers for headlights on most 2019+ Kia models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts