Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My warning light has come on. PSI is equal in all four tires. The tires are filled with nitrogen. The indicator is showing passenger front tire is low and its not. How do I reset. I can't find a button or a setting in the display. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
My warning light has come on. PSI is equal in all four tires. The tires are filled with nitrogen. The indicator is showing passenger front tire is low and its not. How do I reset. I can't find a button or a setting in the display. Thanks for the help.
What pressure does it read for the tires when cold? It should read at least 32-33 with recommended to be 35 on all 4 tires. When fully warmed up, the tires should read around 39 PSI (might be lower if it's cold out). Try not to pump air in the tires when you have been driving around for 5 mins or more as that would skew the PSI gauge reading.

This also depends on the ambient temp of the air around the car as well and if the tires were warmed by the sun.

The best times to check tire pressure would be early morning when the sun isn't intense or late at night. Just make sure you've given the tires ample time to cool down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What pressure does it read for the tires when cold? It should read at least 32-33 with recommended to be 35 on all 4 tires. When fully warmed up, the tires should read around 39 PSI (might be lower if it's cold out). Try not to pump air in the tires when you have been driving around for 5 mins or more as that would skew the PSI gauge reading.

This also depends on the ambient temp of the air around the car as well and if the tires were warmed by the sun.

The best times to check tire pressure would be early morning when the sun isn't intense or late at night. Just make sure you've given the tires ample time to cool down.
The dealer had them at 30psi when cold. Now 28 when cold and 30 when warm. All 4 are the the same but only the passenger front blinks when looking at the display. All generally read the same psi. Car has 6500 miles on it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
That sounds pretty low, even from the dealer... If you look at the driver's side door jamb, it'll tell you what the recommended PSI is for all tires. Mine tells me the recommended is 35 for all 4 tires when cold. Usually the TPMS warning lights come on when it's around 27-28 PSI indicating low tire pressure.

I would suggest to pump your tires up to at least 32 PSI when cold, but highly recommend to pump it up to 35 all around.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Also, one thing to note, the car doesn't always have the correct tire pressure put in when you buy it. My tire pressure was all over the place when I bought mine. One read 38-39 and another read 34-35 when warmed up. I readjusted them when I found out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts