Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to ask around and see if anyone notices some gear box noise when coming to a stop. Sounds like it’s running down though the gears and you can hear each and every one of them. I have approximately 2500 mile. Is this something I need to be worried about

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey I am having the same issue its like when driving and as your slowing down coming to a complete stop it makes knock/clunk noises as the tranny is going thru the last few gears 1-3rd gears before completely stopping. Did you ever get it looked at or find out anything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If that is the case you shouldn’t of even bought it lol
See what the dealer says (guarantee they say it is normal unless there is some very abnormal noises)
No one does any research anymore. DCT’s are inherently loud

·
Registered
2022 GT
10 Posts
This noise was my only concern when I first got the car(GT). A 'grinding'/not smooth downshift when coming to a stop, but I didn't take it in and gave it time to 'break in'. I did stop driving in sport mode as much, and that did seem to make the downshifting not as noticeable/frequent. I'm just over 8k miles now, and that is pretty much gone. Put in a strut bar and CAI a few weeks ago, and that super smooth up shift still feels good, and I love listening to it work with the intake. Just needing some nice tires now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This noise was my only concern when I first got the car(GT). A 'grinding'/not smooth downshift when coming to a stop, but I didn't take it in and gave it time to 'break in'. I did stop driving in sport mode as much, and that did seem to make the downshifting not as noticeable/frequent. I'm just over 8k miles now, and that is pretty much gone. Put in a strut bar and CAI a few weeks ago, and that super smooth up shift still feels good, and I love listening to it work with the intake. Just needing some nice tires now.
Yes i can definitely say I love the car its just that noise was like wth!?!?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wanted to ask around and see if anyone notices some gear box noise when coming to a stop. Sounds like it’s running down though the gears and you can hear each and every one of them. I have approximately 2500 mile. Is this something I need to be worried about
Yep I have the same issue on my GT started much later, around 10,000 miles but it clunks down through the gears coming to a stop mostly in gears 1-3. Took it to my local Kia dealership and they said they couldn't see anything on the computer since there were no codes and the technician said he couldn't repeat the issue though they didn't let me ride with him on the test drive. It continues to do it after my visit to the dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Describe it better. Is it a clicking sound?
Some sounds are normal as the dct is going through the break-in period.
I have the same issue on my GT but it started much later, around 10,000 miles it clunks down through the gears coming to a stop mostly in gears 1-3. Took it to my local Kia dealership and they said they couldn't see anything on the computer since there were no codes and the technician said he couldn't repeat the issue though they didn't let me ride with him on the test drive. It continues to do it after my visit to the dealership.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same issue on my GT but it started much later, around 10,000 miles it clunks down through the gears coming to a stop mostly in gears 1-3. Took it to my local Kia dealership and they said they couldn't see anything on the computer since there were no codes and the technician said he couldn't repeat the issue though they didn't let me ride with him on the test drive. It continues to do it after my visit to the dealership.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You know lol I read this but i honestly didnt think it applied because the issue was with decelerating
In my mind tho thats crazy so you mean to tell me as a mechanic you can only go by the codes given like you cant check and look into manually just to make sure idk maybe its just me

·
Registered
17 Posts
You know lol I read this but i honestly didnt think it applied because the issue was with decelerating

In my mind tho thats crazy so you mean to tell me as a mechanic you can only go by the codes given like you cant check and look into manually just to make sure idk maybe its just me
Yep and I got lucky, my Kia dealership has a board with prices for all the services and normally diagnostics cost $200. Not sure why they didn't make me pay but good they didn't because I'd have bene really upset to have them charge me for nothing when its obvious something doesn't sound right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts