Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I bought my K5 the end of June. Last week, I was leaving to head home after work and hit the remote start. I got out to my car, opened the door and the heat was on full blast. I noticed that the ambient temp was flashing dashes. Rode all the way home in TX heat with no AC. Next morning, took it to the dealership. Shorted out temp sensor. They replaced it. Fast forward to today, leaving work, same thing. Today it’s raining so heat boxing on the way home. Going tomorrow morning to the dealer again for service. Has anyone else had this issue?
TIA
Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
846 Posts
Are you still able to press the fan buttons for the A/C instead of using the Auto A/C with the temp setting? Also, how hot is it there? Does your car still show you what the temp is outside on the instrument cluster screen?

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I tried everything.
went to the dealership this morning at 7:45am. Left at 10:00am with a new ambient temperature sensor again.
low and behold at 2:45 this afternoon, back at the dealership because it is bad again.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
846 Posts
Perhaps it's not so much the sensor then... It would be a hassle if it was the connecting wire or something between the sensor and the controller. I can't imagine it would be the sensor failing every time and so frequently too. If it's possible, could you ask them if they can test if the same sensor is working on another vehicle or if anyone else is coming in with the same issue at the dealer? They probably won't do it but it would be worth a shot to ask just to help diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked them about that, not sure if they will or not.
They ended up keeping it and giving me a loaner. I called yesterday for an update and they escalated it to Kia Tech Line because they can’t find the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts