Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

(Leasing car) Only at 1300 miles and felt at random a slight slip in 1st gear driving normal. Went away for a bit, then making a left off of my block, it slipped, I let off the gas, went back on slightly, and it jerked the whole car. It jar'd my head like i got rear ended by another car. Called service , no loaners for a month. Driving car sparingly, went out today, leaving at a green light, felt slip yet again.

Has anyone else come across slip at the very least? Very curious if this is the norm or very rare. I can't go without at least getting a loaner. So I am thinking to talk direct with my sales rep from that dealer and see if he can work something out for me instead of dealing with a random service dept secretary.

Appreciate any reply.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I can't say for certain but it sounds like there might be something wrong with the clutch if it's slipping that bad... Do you have the K5 with the 1.6T or the 2.5T engine?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
If you're using the sport-tonic manual shift mode, I would put it in 2nd gear for turns and when accelerating from a dead stop for now. The car tends to have a smoother acceleration and shifting when you do so anyway.

But definitely have it looked at when you can. The K5 uses a more traditional automatic transmission slush box compared to other manufacturers that switched to using CVTs so it tends to have a more jerky feel when shifting gears. It still shouldn't be slipping gears, though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're using the sport-tonic manual shift mode, I would put it in 2nd gear for turns and when accelerating from a dead stop for now. The car tends to have a smoother acceleration and shifting when you do so anyway.

But definitely have it looked at when you can. The K5 uses a more traditional automatic transmission slush box compared to other manufacturers that switched to using CVTs so it tends to have a more jerky feel when shifting gears. It still shouldn't be slipping gears, though.
This is just me in Normal mode driving normally. I dont use the shift mode or anything like that. That is why it seems strange to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys -

(Leasing car) Only at 1300 miles and felt at random a slight slip in 1st gear driving normal. Went away for a bit, then making a left off of my block, it slipped, I let off the gas, went back on slightly, and it jerked the whole car. It jar'd my head like i got rear ended by another car. Called service , no loaners for a month. Driving car sparingly, went out today, leaving at a green light, felt slip yet again.

Has anyone else come across slip at the very least? Very curious if this is the norm or very rare. I can't go without at least getting a loaner. So I am thinking to talk direct with my sales rep from that dealer and see if he can work something out for me instead of dealing with a random service dept secretary.

Appreciate any reply.
This has happened to me a few times mostly when im in “manual mode”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts