Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd share what I just learned from a Kia dealer. Feel free to correct me if any of this info is wrong. I was told by this dealer that they are no longer ordering new 2021 models and instead are ordering the new 2022 models. I am looking for a 2021 GT-Line Special Edition but they said they can no longer order that. However, I can order a 2022 model but Kia is no longer are offering the Special Edition on the 2022 GT-Line models. The same features are available but it's no longer called Special Edition. I was told the GT-Line's premium package will include the extras that the Special Edition had. Also, the AWD package won't include the premium package. The premium package will need to be added alongside AWD. This actually allows for more choice since you aren't forced to get red seats if you want the 10" touch screen. This dealer did not know the price of the 2022 packages. So, assuming this info is correct, I'll need to find a dealer that has already ordered a GT-Line Special Edition in order to get one, or I'll need to order a custom 2022 model and wait 3 months for it to be made.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Hmm... Kia.com is still showing the 2021 model for me when building it out but I know at least one of us here already has a K5 with the new Kia logo so they might have the 2022 version.

But if the dealer info is true about the new option choices, you can still build out a "Special Edition" just so long as you pick Wolf Gray, AWD, and the Premium Package for the GT-Line. The Special Edition also only comes with red seats so it's good that they let people have that option if red seats is still a choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true, it would be odd if Kia is showing the 2021 model but is only selling the 2022 model. It could be that this dealer is only buying 2022 models now.

My plan now is to buy the 2022 GT-Line AWD with the Premium Package. I'll just need to wait like 4 months for it but the 2022 version does have a few nicer features, like the 360 cam.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Damn, yeah I would have liked the 360 cam. I was kind of bummed it wasn't in the 2021 models when the Sonatas already have it. And who knows when or if we'll get the full LCD dash like they do in Korea. The manual for the K5 teases us with the LCD instrument cluster... lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
96 Posts
That full LCD dash they have in Korea is very nice but apparently we don't deserve it.
There are also some of us who don't like it blech, I would like for that to be an option, the physical gauge cluster with the inset LCD is just where I want the tech to be for the gauge cluster. I may be persuaded if the cluster was fully customizable. (EX: allowing to add a turbo boost meter, water temp meter along side the Tach and Speedo) but ultimately I do like having a hardware gauge cluster.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
That and the 360 cam kinda makes me regret not waiting for the 2022 refresh... 😂 It is what it is, though. I'm still loving my car.

I honestly didn't know the new refresh would come this soon either.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
Yeah, I might have been able to save a couple of bucks since I don't really care about the sunroof. But it is what it is, I still like my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One dealer near me already has a few 2022 models. Another dealer is getting a few next week and they're getting the exact 2022 model I'm looking for so I'll be snagging that one if I can.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
39 Posts
I ordered a 2022 GT-Line AWD with premium package. I inquired about the 360 camera and it seems like it isn’t coming on the GT-Line (even though their press release is worded like it will). They meant that the Navigation will be standard on the GT-Line,EX, and GT but not those other features.
Really hoped it had 360 camera!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
55 Posts
That full LCD dash they have in Korea is very nice but apparently we don't deserve it.
I love the the dash the way it is digital gauges age fairly quickly and look out of date in just a few years so no thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts