Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there was a setting that could start up my Bluetooth music when the car is started up? Currently I have to turn the media on, by pressing the media button every time I start the car up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So mine starts automatically. However occasionally, it doesn't, so one of the things I did, was set up the favorite button (star) to change to bluetooth/media. That way it becomes a force of habit to get in the car, turn it on, hit the favorite button and hit connect. Are you using wireless android auto, or wired? If you're using wireless, once set up it is supposed to be able to automatically connect. Also, if you go into settings into your phone, click Advanced Features, and click Android Auto, click on connection help. It will give you some solutions as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ugh their UI is just SO bad on so many levels. Sounds of nature is my mortal enemy.
Yeah it really is. And they certainly have bugs in it that they still haven't worked out. My front speakers went out on me last night randomly and I didn't get them back until this morning. Pissed isn't the word lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So mine starts automatically. However occasionally, it doesn't, so one of the things I did, was set up the favorite button (star) to change to bluetooth/media. That way it becomes a force of habit to get in the car, turn it on, hit the favorite button and hit connect. Are you using wireless android auto, or wired? If you're using wireless, once set up it is supposed to be able to automatically connect. Also, if you go into settings into your phone, click Advanced Features, and click Android Auto, click on connection help. It will give you some solutions as well.
I have an iPhone connected to my Bluetooth which automatically pairs. Practically, when I first get in the car, the media is always set to off instead of resuming my music from my Bluetooth automatically. My boyfriend has the 2021 forte and his connects to his phone and resumes music instantly, without him having to select the media button
Let me know if that makes sense 😂

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
For Android Auto, there's an option that says "Automatically resume media" that I leave on and it automatically continues playing music from my phone right after it connects.

To get there, just open up the app drawer and in the search bar type in Android Auto and tap on "Settings, Android Auto". You can also get there by using the Infotainment to get to the Settings.

Perhaps there's something similar for Carplay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts