Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
Nice, looks like you two got the premium package too? I spy that pana sun roof. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah pan sunroof adaptive cruise pretty much only thing missing is Bose and heated seats lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
Weird, I thought the premium package would've come with heated seats. lol Maybe the 2022 models are different. However, I would trade heated seats for ventilated seats for the climate we have here. lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it doesn't really get cold enough to really need heated seats here in Louisiana either

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
120 Posts
Weird, I thought the premium package would've come with heated seats. lol Maybe the 2022 models are different. However, I would trade heated seats for ventilated seats for the climate we have here. lol
I think you need the AWD package for heated seats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one I test drove off didn't notice a snow mode on it but is was just playing with sport mode

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
The one I test drove off didn't notice a snow mode on it but is was just playing with sport mode
Yeah, I think Snow Mode is only on AWD models. The mode comes right after Custom. What it does is switch the power distribution to be locked to 50-50 front and back. Usually the power distribution is dynamic, giving power to the wheels that need it.

There's also been quite a shortage of AWD models to be found lately. I checked the other day and there was like... 2 AWD models out of 30 FWD K5s from all the dealers in the area. Maybe because Florida doesn't really need AWD all that much. lol

·
Registered
2022 KIA K5 GT Line AWD
22 Posts
Yeah, I think Snow Mode is only on AWD models. The mode comes right after Custom. What it does is switch the power distribution to be locked to 50-50 front and back. Usually the power distribution is dynamic, giving power to the wheels that need it.

There's also been quite a shortage of AWD models to be found lately. I checked the other day and there was like... 2 AWD models out of 30 FWD K5s from all the dealers in the area. Maybe because Florida doesn't really need AWD all that much. lol
My2022 GT Line AWD came with heated seats and the snow mode, do wished the Bose system was included too..............

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
I honestly don't mind. Although, it would have been nice to have the extra surround speakers and subwoofer placements and stock amp to play with. Without the upgraded system, 8" subwoofer hole in the trunk roof is covered.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Me and the wife just bought a 2022 k5 GT-line in passion red View attachment 1301 View attachment 1302
Me and the wife just bought a 2022 k5 GT-line in passion red View attachment 1301 View attachment 1302
Nice! I picked up my 2021 EX in June, and the sound system (Bose) is great! Also I have the heated seats which is a must here in New York. Here is a couple pictures of mine.
Glacial White with the Sand interior. Good luck with yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, looks like it. I always thought the premium package came with it, but I guess it kind of makes sense, given AWD also has Snow mode. 😅
Well, here in New York during the winter, when the temp. drops below 20 - 30 degrees, and sometimes even lower the HEATED seats and HEATED steering wheel sure do come in handy! Regardless of snow or no snow. I would not buy another car without them.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
120 Posts
When I bought my 2016 Optima EX I thought the heated steering wheel was the most ridiculous thing ... Now I don't ever want a car without one.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
Well, here in New York during the winter, when the temp. drops below 20 - 30 degrees, and sometimes even lower the HEATED seats and HEATED steering wheel sure do come in handy! Regardless of snow or no snow. I would not buy another car without them.
I used it a few times...but here in Florida it's summer 3 seasons a year so it'd be nice to have ventilated seats in 90-100 degree days. lol At least you can bundle up to get warm but trying to stay cool with the intense sun beating down on you and your car... Yeah, the A/C is constantly on high and I still feel hot. 😂

1 - 20 of 40 Posts