Kia K5 Forum banner

2022 k5 Gt line

13K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  Larry76 
#1 ·
Me and the wife just bought a 2022 k5 GT-line in passion red

See less See more
#12 ·
Yeah, I think Snow Mode is only on AWD models. The mode comes right after Custom. What it does is switch the power distribution to be locked to 50-50 front and back. Usually the power distribution is dynamic, giving power to the wheels that need it.

There's also been quite a shortage of AWD models to be found lately. I checked the other day and there was like... 2 AWD models out of 30 FWD K5s from all the dealers in the area. Maybe because Florida doesn't really need AWD all that much. lol

#23 ·
Not too many around here in that color. Is it more a burgundy red or a brighter red?

I mentioned this (red) color to a friend. Says it's an old man color!@# To each their own. Not a fan of black (too high maint), or white (shows everything). Not sure what I think of wolf gray - looks like they forgot to paint the color, leaving only the primer on. I'm shopping for a k5 gt which comes in limited colors, so it's either the blue or the red. More partial to the blue actually. Or gun metal grey if it was offered in such.

#24 ·
Not too many around here in that color. Is it more a burgundy red or a brighter red?

I mentioned this (red) color to a friend. Says it's an old man color!@# To each their own. Not a fan of black (too high maint), or white (shows everything). Not sure what I think of wolf gray - looks like they forgot to paint the color, leaving only the primer on. I'm shopping for a k5 gt which comes in limited colors, so it's either the blue or the red. More partial to the blue actually. Or gun metal grey if it was offered in such.
I've seen the pics of red K5s here and I gotta say that it certainly looks good. I usually don't like red cars for my personal car, save for like Ferrari red, but seeing the car in red with gold/bronze rims makes it look so nice, especially coupled with the already amber DRLs.

Here's an example:

#25 ·
^^My last red car was over 2 decades ago... An arrest me red 4th gen camaro z28 6mt. The burgundy color isn't exactly a favorite, but dad used to have a gran prix of this color. Dad passed away not too long ago, so that color would be a nice way of keeping the memory alive.

#31 ·
That was a nice ride you had before, though! I definitely admired that bubble style of Camaros back in the 90s. lol

If you want a similar color to that metal gray, though, I think the Everlasting Silver or the Gravity Gray would be closest to that Infiniti, but those only come on the LX/LXS and EX trims.

@Larry76
I disagree on the White and Blue parts, though.

White, as well as Black, paints tends to be pretty notorious for getting "dirty" easier. It's weird, lighter dirt shows on Black paint while darker dirt shows up well on White paint. It might be showing up to a lesser degree with the paint having metallic flecks in it, though.

As for Blue, it shines pretty nicely when light is put on it. The Sapphire Blue that Kia has on the car can have a slightly different looking hue depending on the angle of light as well which makes some of the lines pop more.

Now if you want to talk about a blue that's really hard to see at night, my mom's 2020 RAV4 in Midnight Blue is pretty much black at night, and just a little hint of dark purplish blue during the day. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.