Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022, K5, GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m the proud new owner of a 2022 K5 GT; it’s a kicka$$ ride but there are almost too many “convenience” features included. One of the cards they leave in the car after being prepped said “up to 40 presets”—where the heck are they? I have the Bose system and I’ve looked thru the manual (which killed me to have to do), looked online, landed here, and now I’m asking you good people for help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can set up to 40 presets, it will even change from AM, FM or Sirius. All you have to do is select one then press the star to make it prefered/presets. They will show at the bottom of the screen. I havent found a way to change the order easily yet.

·
Registered
2022, K5, GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! I appreciate your response, but…I have set the presets with the star button and have each preset button assigned. What I can’t figure out is where the rest of the preset buttons are. Does each preset button hold more than 1 station? I hate thinking I’m this technologically impaired but I swear this radio is kicking my hind end.

·
Registered
2022, K5, GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Siler, thank you for your help but, sometimes I’m an idiot. All I had to do was hit the star button again. The radio added page 3/3. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 1628
I don’t have three dots on the right hand side..🥺 only 1/2 and 2/2. So what’s that about? LOL!
I am about to purchase this car and I have a slightly unrelated question. Is there a way to change the look of the radio? Like where it has the numbers in the glass jars(?) I know that’s probably not what it is lol but idk what to call them. I just know that personally I would like to have a different look. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
I believe that's only on the 10.25" screen if you get the optional Premium Package on the car. Otherwise, the 8" screen has a more standard Hyundai/Kia screen.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line
8 Posts
You can set up to 40 presets, it will even change from AM, FM or Sirius. All you have to do is select one then press the star to make it prefered/presets. They will show at the bottom of the screen. I havent found a way to change the order easily yet.
Have you or anyone else figured out how to change the order of the pre-set stations ? There is no logic to it now, very annoying. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
3 things I have noticed after updating my radio UI. I have a 2022 GT with the 10.25 inch display.

First, I miss the look of the Nixie tube display. I know it wasn't everyones cup of tea, but I liked it.
Second, being able to rearrange the preset order is great and should have been there since day one.
Third, since the presets are now displayed vertically, the steering wheel control for changing stations makes so much more sense. You push down to move "forward" in your preset listing and up to go "back". This never made any sense when the presets were displayed horizontally.

All in all a decent update, but there is still so much wasted space that could be put to good use.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line
8 Posts
Agree. I did have to do the update, completed it last night. So far so good. Still need to get my presets in order, but thankful that I have the ability to do so. I didn't notice much change to navigation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts