Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after changing my Kia k5 profile from guest to driver 1, a few hundred feet of driving and the car started to feel "hard" and was a hit noisy and is shaking and rattling.

Is this normal? I'm going to take it to the dealership, but its only 100 miles.

Please tell me if this is a normal issue. It used to be really smooth (it still is ONLY when idling).

Btw is 87 unleaded best gas?

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX - Ebony Black
37 Posts
Hello, after changing my Kia k5 profile from guest to driver 1, a few hundred feet of driving and the car started to feel "hard" and was a hit noisy and is shaking and rattling.

Please tell me if this is a normal issue. It used to be really smooth (it still is ONLY when idling).

I didn’t notice any rattling. Just the vehicle take over for Driver assist. Turned those options to Medium or None. I have filled my car up with Surpreme and 87. Haven’t noticed a difference. Usually don’t feel different until we you’re over 50000 miles. Also be cautious of where you fill up. I fill up only at QT

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
It's been suggested to fill up with Top Tier gas, or gas that has cleaning agents in it (i.e., Chevron, Mobil, Shell) but the gas grade doesn't really matter as the engine is designed to handle 87 unleaded. You might get a smoother drive from higher grades, though.

Also, since the car is brand new, the computer needs some time to learn your driving habits and how to adapt itself to it.

One last thing, remember not to push your car hard and at a high constant RPM for the first 1000-1500 miles or so until the engine and parts have been broken in.

...and I should have asked this first but what Kia K5 profile? 😅 I haven't heard of a driving profile setting in the K5 before. May not be a thing for the North American market?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been suggested to fill up with Top Tier gas, or gas that has cleaning agents in it (i.e., Chevron, Mobil, Shell) but the gas grade doesn't really matter as the engine is designed to handle 87 unleaded. You might get a smoother drive from higher grades, though.

Also, since the car is brand new, the computer needs some time to learn your driving habits and how to adapt itself to it.

One last thing, remember not to push your car hard and at a high constant RPM for the first 1000-1500 miles or so until the engine and parts have been broken in.

...and I should have asked this first but what Kia K5 profile? 😅 I haven't heard of a driving profile setting in the K5 before. May not be a thing for the North American market?
Thanks! I forgot about the gas. I fill up at Costco

At the start there are user profiles. I think its because for higher trims, you have two seating memory buttons, hence there are 2 profiles for custom configurations for 2 drivers (not really needed unless you share the car w/ someone).

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
85 Posts
I have not noticed any changes or oddities when I switched from guest to driver 1 on my premium screen, I'm at about 700 miles now. It's recommended that during the break in you keep the engine around 2000-4000rpm, among other things.. And the manufacturer recommends 87, and specifically states not to use fuel additives, so I guess those that are in the fuel to begin with are fine? I usually fill up at Speedway or Murphy USA.

Edit: First fill up at Murphy, second at Speedway, but every tank since has been at Shell. Not going to risk saving 5-10 cents or so per gallon, to have issues down the road with dirty valves, Thanks to the advice of others on here 🙏🏻

·
Registered
96 Posts

87 is what they recommend.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
They also recommend filling up with Top Tier gasoline. You can go to toptiergas.com for more information. In short, it is gas that has detergents, cleaning agents, in it that helps keep your engine run cleaner and prevent carbon build up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks! I forgot about the gas. I fill up at Costco

At the start there are user profiles. I think its because for higher trims, you have two seating memory buttons, hence there are 2 profiles for custom configurations for 2 drivers (not really needed unless you share the car w/ someone).
Where are the seating memory buttons

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Nope, only the EX and GT trims with the Premium Package option has the Integrated Memory Seats (IMS). I know the 2021 GT-Line didn't get them either when I went to purchase my car, even with the Premium Package.

I mulled it over for the longest and kept rebuilding it on the Kia site multiple times so I kinda knew what I was getting into... 😂

1 - 13 of 13 Posts