Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered my Kia about 2 weeks ago. How long should I expect it to take to get here? I'll be overseas till about October serving in the military. Anything I should know? I'm hoping the timing is right and I can it right about the time I'm home! From the VA area by the way if anyone has any experience there! If you're from VA, any recommendations on tint and protective coating places?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been hearing from people about 6 months. What did your dealer say?
So, dealer had said 4-6 months OR LONGER. But most likely around that 6 month timeframe. Just wanted to get some feelers out and see what anyone else had experienced. I got the black on black. The brown interior is really nice, but I liked the black exterior more than the Wolf Grey for whatever reason. So I went with black!

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's funny ... I ordered mine (same, same) about the same time. Except I ordered the see-em-everywhere Wolf Gray.

My dealer said about 2 months for it to get here, so the estimates of 6 months or more are depressing. They'll surely be 2023's by then, though, since they'll be stopping production of 2022's soon.

By the way, I don't get it. The plants aren't having to churn out tons of cars to fill dealer lots like they used to, so why the hell does it take so long to get one built??? Don't tell me covid, since that excuse has been used to death. :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m in central VA, I ordered the GT w/GT-1. They told me 6-8 months but I got it in exactly 30 days. They are all guessing. I did 35% ceramic tint at Safeguard Auto Salon. They were awesome to work with. Highly recommend. They also do ceramic coating and wraps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in central VA, I ordered the GT w/GT-1. They told me 6-8 months but I got it in exactly 30 days. They are all guessing. I did 35% ceramic tint at Safeguard Auto Salon. They were awesome to work with. Highly recommend. They also do ceramic coating and wraps.
Sheesh, I hope it doesn't come in that soon! September is the EARLIEST I could possibly be home. Got to make sure my dealer is staying on top of the delivery then. And 35% ceramic on all the windows? Where you charged extra for the rear window being slanted like it is? I had some hearsay around that it may be a problem. Thank you for the feedback!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered my white GT-line premium package November 1st. Dealer said about 2 months. It showed up last week so six months is more realistic.
Damn... I order mine on 4 April 2022, and the dealer told me 90 days... I need to get it before August because I'm moving to another state... I hope it doesn't take the time it took for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
These delivery dates seem to be all over the place, and I don't understand that. Surely Kia fills orders in the order they're received!

And again, I don't understand why there's such a waiting list in the first place. The factories aren't running full tilt filling dealer orders to fill up their lots like "usual", so they should have lots of free time. What, did they tell everyone but a skeleton assembly crew to go home? (And don't tell me it's covid. I ain't buying that any more.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sheesh, I hope it doesn't come in that soon! September is the EARLIEST I could possibly be home. Got to make sure my dealer is staying on top of the delivery then. And 35% ceramic on all the windows? Where you charged extra for the rear window being slanted like it is? I had some hearsay around that it may be a problem. Thank you for the feedback!
Yes, 35% on the side windows and back. I didn’t do anything for the windshield yet. No extra charge on the back window, at least not that I’m aware of. 35% on top of whatever the factory tint is is plenty for me. Looks perfect, like it came that way. No issues with the back window.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mike, Was bored tonight and having a cocktail, thought I would look around. Looked at all the Kia dealers in the DFW. area There was only 1 K5 GT even on the list in the area as in transit. There was a crapload of GTline versions. but only 1 GT. The one listed as in transit was the dealer I bought from. I would think for everything I have read haer on the want of the GT, there would be more in the pipeline to get out there. BTW, only 2 dealers had more than 10 new cars on anyone's lot.

With the K5 being mad in GA, would think there would be less of an issue for getting them on the lots.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mike, Was bored tonight and having a cocktail, thought I would look around. Looked at all the Kia dealers in the DFW. area There was only 1 K5 GT even on the list in the area as in transit. There was a crapload of GTline versions. but only 1 GT. The one listed as in transit was the dealer I bought from. I would think for everything I have read haer on the want of the GT, there would be more in the pipeline to get out there. BTW, only 2 dealers had more than 10 new cars on anyone's lot.

With the K5 being mad in GA, would think there would be less of an issue for getting them on the lots.
Yeah, it's a mystery.

It's funny, I look at the K5 and think - reasonable price, good intermediate size, good styling, just needs more engine power than the 1.6T supplies. My previous Optimas had the 2.0T and it was pretty good, especially on the highway when everything got spooled up and spinning. The GT gives me a little more juice, and every option I'd possibly want, all for under $40k.

What's not to like? Yeah, it's a KIA. But I've owned BMW's and Lexus' and Cadillacs and lots of fast cars and motorcycles, and I'm not too much of a snob not to know a good value when I see it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
That would be a bear. My Stingers had a cutout in the dash and the HUD info was projected through that cutout onto the inside of the windshield. It would take a lot of doing to pull that off.

Everyone's different, but I really didn't use the HUD much. Years of looking at the gauges have me trained to look there instead of on the windshield. I can very easily do without that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have had Vettes since 2009 and 13+ years of a HUD, m used to that.

Plus, if it was to be able to be fitted electrically, my son;s best friend is amazing on anything car body or interior. Is what he does for a living.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I ordered my Kia about 2 weeks ago. How long should I expect it to take to get here? I'll be overseas till about October serving in the military. Anything I should know? I'm hoping the timing is right and I can it right about the time I'm home! From the VA area by the way if anyone has any experience there! If you're from VA, any recommendations on tint and protective coating places?
You will love it when you do get it! It was well worth my wait. I actually ordered my K5 last yr November and got it in March of 2021. Due to the ship sinking and Covid. I fully customized the car! It's a 2021 K5 GT1 2.5 AWD, fully loaded with all the bells and whistles! Downside is I found out last wk it's no longer being produced and more or less a concept car lmao I would have never know if my front end wasn't demolished! I was sitting at a red light on May 2nd and when the light turned green the industrial van to my left proceeded to move.. as did I! She has no license or insurance and flew the intersection at 60mph. She ripped off my front splitter which in return ripped off my front end. Going on almost 2 mo waiting for the repairs due to Kia apparently stopping the production on the GT1 2.5 Turbo AWD. They are only offering the 2.5 in FWD. Most of my parts didn't have prices and had to be sent back for being the wrong ones! 😭 Best decision ever to buy this car I am just crushed she's got an accident on file and it's been almost 2 mo with them trying to repair her. That's my baby!!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts