Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my local Kia dealership has a 2022 Sapphire Blue K5 GT-Line in the lot and seems like they blacked out the logos for you.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel

On closer inspection the blacked out emblems are a bit rough but the execution is really nice at a distance. It's not totally black, only leaving the beveled edges silver.

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
25 Posts
So my local Kia dealership has a 2022 Sapphire Blue K5 GT-Line in the lot and seems like they blacked out the logos for you.
View attachment 1276 View attachment 1277

On closer inspection the blacked out emblems are a bit rough but the execution is really nice at a distance. It's not totally black, only leaving the beveled edges silver.
View attachment 1276 View attachment 1277

Got my K5 at Rick Case too :)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Father of K5 owner
Nice! The white matches her shoes. Lol When you get a chance I would scroll through the instrument cluster and double check the tire pressure just to make sure they are all reading the same PSI. You'll have to drive it around for a bit before it registers from a cold start.

Should read 35-36 psi when cold and 37-39 psi when it's fully warmed up (depending on temps in your area, of course). This is just so there is even wear on the tires. When I first got my car, the tire pressure was all over the place so I had to readjust it when I got home.

You might also want to go through some of the features with your daughter later so she can enjoy the car fully. Things like the pano-roof, wireless phone charger, the Kia Connect app for the phone, and the remote start button on the fob itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the tips, but she beat you to the punch. My daughter is 19 and spent the first night we got it, just sitting in the car and going through all the settings and functions LOL. I also replaced the trunk light bulb, which was horrible low yellow/amber barely emitting any light in the trunk....Now I replaced the trunk bulb with a spare I had from another car (LasFit 28MM DE3021 DE3022 LED Dome Map Trunk Cargo Light Bulb). The light in the trunk is 100x's better...Theres nothing really else to do mods other than we're gonna be tinting the windows all the way around and looking for weather tech type mats/trunk mat

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I ended up going around and replacing all the halogens to LED bulbs myself. lol The trunk light definitely makes a big difference, though. I couldn't see anything in the trunk at night but now it's like daytime in there. lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car came with the LED interior lights option so there wasn't anything I needed to do on the inside (besides the vanity lights which seems to be a pain to pop off). But the others are all in the rear: turn signals, reverse, trunk, and license plate lights.

I have a before and after pics of the trunk lights but not the exterior rear lights, though. For the license plate lights, I'd recommend just getting an LED bulb swap instead of what I did with the whole housing replacement. While it is much brighter, in the end it didn't feel like it made much of a difference like the trunk light did.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah, I’m going to have to look the lights again, I mean everything looks pretty bright. I’m not worried about her license being bright, but I do have to check the reverse lights for sure. Next week we’re tinting all of the windows, windshield and sunroof with ceramic tint. 5% on the rear and sunroof, driver/passenger probably 20% and windshield will be 70% with the top strip 5%…then gonna black vinyl wrap the front emblem and rear

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The turn signals are bright enough, I just wanted them to be LEDs to match the rest of the lights. lol

The reverse lights are the usual yellow-ish white. If you switch it out for brighter LEDs, she'll definitely be able to see better when using the reverse cam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, no doubt normal stock reverse bulbs are always dull white lights to the rear. With the windows to be tinted and having the backup camera she definitely be able to see better…Damn 19 yrs old has the better car and puts my Honda Insight hybrid to shame LOL…

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe it's time for a fun car for yourself? Perhaps a Stinger or Supra? lol The K5 is a great cruiser but I still feel l like wanting a little fun car like the GR86 to throw around. 😂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.