Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just introducing myself. Live in wv and needed an upgrade for my dd. Coming from a 3.6 outback and I’ve been impressed with the power even with it being a 1.6 liter. Test drove all the awd sedans out there and this felt the best, even with less power on paper. Overall, very happy with car so hopefully it turns out to be reliable as well. Plan to keep this car stock as I have a 90 trans am and 93 f150 I tinker with. But we’ll see lol. Lastly, I know this sounds strange but this car reminds me of my s-10 extreme I had back in the day. All show, limited go, except I think the k5 has plenty of go. I guess I’m in the minority on the go.
Automotive parking light Cloud Sky Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car
Car Vehicle Sky Grille Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey! 2022 k5 gt line wolf gray Fwd here also in WV! I’m in Princeton, would love to meet up some time for some pics!
Definitely! Just checked the distance from Morgantown or Davis where I work and it’s a 3-4 hr travel. Best bet is if either one of us has an excuse to make a mini road trip lol. Love summersville and new river gorge. Would make a fantastic back drop to any photo shoot!

also, what percent tint do you have? Debating how dark to go without getting inspection problems.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Since you're in an area with less sun (than Florida lol) I'd say either 75% or even 50%. The tint will be more noticeable outside as you go down from there. If possible, have the tinter show you some samples of each percentage.

Also, definitely go with ceramic tint for the front. Since it's where you'll be spending most of your time and also one of the highly sun exposed areas, it'll be good to have a film with great UV and heat blockage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol I’m used to Florida (lived there most of my life) and all my cars that had/have tint are limo which is like 5%. I think legal here is 35%. His 20% looks dark enough but the darker the better. Inspections here can be tricky. All the cars on this site look fantastic with tint since it matches the roof. I’ll have to research ceramic tint as that’s new for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts