Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
I've contacted Kia about it and apparently there's no way to turn it off. I know the '21 manual has instructions to switch to normal Cruise Control but it never works, and probably just a carry-over from the Stinger.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was slow to accept SCC a few years when it came out. I didn't want the thing deciding for me when to slow down and speed up, etc. And even now it really annoys me in some ways.

But I've come to realize it's a real safety device. If you get distracted even for a few seconds and the traffic ahead suddenly brakes, or a driver decides to make a last minute turn, etc., it could easily save you from a rear-ender. And it could even save you from a traffic ticket in some instances! ;)

The older style units could be disabled by pressing and holding the Cruise button, but that has apparently been changed.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Plus if you don't like the slow down, you can put your foot on the gas and the car will go. The thing that took some getting used to was the driver lane assist, trying to switch lanes without putting on your turn signal feels a bit weird.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
What you're looking for is on pages 5-104 and 5-105 of the 2023 owners manual - not sure about 2021 or 2022 models. Simply press the Driving Assist button - it's the top button on the right side of the steering wheel on my 2023.
It's in the manual, but the operation itself doesn't work. We mentioned it a few times in this thread in previous posts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's in the manual, but the operation itself doesn't work. We mentioned it a few times in this thread in previous posts.
Sorry - Just got my K5 and haven't been following the posts until a few days ago.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
No worries. lol I honestly don't mind the feature but it does kind of annoy me that the manual would say one thing while the Kia rep confirmed to me otherwise over the phone about it.

The car has definitely got some quirks here and there but overall I still love the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts