Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my wife's car and we got it a few weeks ago after waiting about 3 months for the order. Posting pics of what we did on the outside so anyone looking for ideas can see how this looks for any of their future customizing decisions! We have added some other stuff since these exterior pics (rear window louvers, MPG brake covers, otherwise the rest is interior wise). Again hoping these pics help anyone weary about any of the Ebay items you see and to help others with their customizing!

As an FYI this is a Universal full lip kit off Ebay that cost $154, and fits without issues, just have to cut the side skirts for your length. Added red 3/8 inch pinstriping around it for color and looks. This way if anyone is wondering if the lips fit or not, we have no issues, so go ahead and buy the kit if you like how this looks. We had the Chrome deleted with gloss black and then the upper pillar area gloss blacked as well for a cool look. Would have been awesome if Kia made a black roof option for this car! We also installed an Ebay upgraded rear lip spoiler literally the night we got it, was a simple removal of the old one and this fits on and stays firm with Gorilla double sided tape. Same thing, if you like the looks of this and see the spoiler on Ebay don't be afraid to buy it, it fits flush and covers all holes, no issues or leaks. I am usually hesitant on buying things off Ebay and afraid of fitment issues but the whole lip kit and rear spoiler fit perfect.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Plant Hood Grille

Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How'd you get the chrome delete?
I had a shop do the Chrome Delete and the Roof Pillars at the same time with gloss black vinyl. Took them maybe 4 hours of having the car chilling there and picked it up when it was done. Unfortunately on the K5 the rubber exterior portions around the sills are not that thick so there is not a lot of space to tuck them down really good. But the guy did a good job. he was the same guy that did the window tint/visor/front signals the day before so I just went with the same guy.

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Looks good and great feedback on the parts you purchased.

KIA does make an all black roof. Its called the panoramic sunroof package. The whole roof is tinted glass from windshield to back windshield

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good and great feedback on the parts you purchased.

KIA does make an all black roof. Its called the panoramic sunroof package. The whole roof is tinted glass from windshield to back windshield
On the blacked roof option I meant like Toyota does for their Camry which paints the pillars and towards the back to match the glass roof. Hell even Nissan has that on some of their cars and the Kia Sportage now has that option on their new model. Toyota also does it for their Rav4 as an option too. Would have been much better to have had it painted black versus vinyl. But it should last a few years before it needs to be redone again but with black paint it wouldn't ever need to be redone

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks sweet. expecting delivery for my K5 AWD in same color scheme in early December.

Do you have links for the mods found on ebay or elsewhere online?
Sure thing, these were the links for the spoiler we got on ebay and then the full lip kit. Fitment without any issues for anyone deciding to try that route:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure thing, these were the links for the spoiler we got on ebay and then the full lip kit. Fitment without any issues for anyone deciding to try that route:
greatly appreciate the links can't wait to start getting my '23 AWD mods in motion.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Personal preference, don't like the red lines, but always like the splitter and side skirts. I love my carbon fiber ones. still waiting for the CF spoiler coming out soon. Looking to black out the trim, just have not done it yet. My next eye doctor visit going to get him to write me a prescription for darker tint than what is normally allowed it texas and can hit some 80% side and rear windows and about 30% on the windshield. Also have a CF rear diffuser.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personal preference, don't like the red lines, but always like the splitter and side skirts. I love my carbon fiber ones. still waiting for the CF spoiler coming out soon. Looking to black out the trim, just have not done it yet. My next eye doctor visit going to get him to write me a prescription for darker tint than what is normally allowed it texas and can hit some 80% side and rear windows and about 30% on the windshield. Also have a CF rear diffuser.
This one is my wife's car and she was the one who chose the red striping. I was thinking it looked kind of cool and was only $8 for 30 feet of red striping and took maybe 30 minutes to put on. I think she wanted it to give some accent to go with the fact the taillights were still red.

It really sucks that Kia didn;t have an option on the K5 for a black roof/pillar and chrome delete. I mean crap, Toyota for the Camry has a black pillar option with no chrome trim but Kia doesn't offer it for the K5. They sell a black option for the Telluride and the Sorento for black trim and black wheels. It's disappointing they don't have it for the K5 as it would have saved the hassle for sure!

It's crazy, back in the 90s having chrome trim was the baller attachment and now everyone wants black trim and black wheels!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,333 Posts
I only see the black trims and wheels on the Sorento and Telluride as part of a trim level, though. The 2-tone paint schemes are a paint option exclusive for the smaller CUV and SUVs, i.e., the Niro, Soul, Seltos, and Sportage. Those have a different A-pillar design that have a more seamless transition from the pillar to the body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks great. I’ve done most of the same mods on my white 2022 GT-Line along with tinting the rear reflectors and blacking out the rear emblems. How hard was your spoiler install? I read taking the stock spoiler off was a pain.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have liked the black wheels even when it was not cool to have them. Just who I am, I like what I like. I drove my ex-wife crazy back in the early 20's wearing my cargo shorts when they were not in style. She really did not like me telling her, I did not care, this is what I like cause they are comfortable. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personal preference, don't like the red lines, but always like the splitter and side skirts. I love my carbon fiber ones. still waiting for the CF spoiler coming out soon. Looking to black out the trim, just have not done it yet. My next eye doctor visit going to get him to write me a prescription for darker tint than what is normally allowed it texas and can hit some 80% side and rear windows and about 30% on the windshield. Also have a CF rear diffuser. View attachment 3802 View attachment 3803 View attachment 3804
Can you link your CF side skirt and splitter, love the cf look the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts