Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here, I just purchased the shark racing BOV for the GT. This may be a dumb question but I really can't find the diverter valve to swap this out with for our engine. Anybody know where it is ? They say install is easy and I'm sure it will be when I locate the diverter

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,177 Posts
This is for another blow off valve plate from Burger Motorsports, but their PDF instructions shows you where the stock diverter valve is. lol

Be sure to either plug the hole where the diverter valve hose goes back into the intake, or cap it with an appropriate sized filter to keep the air going into the engine clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is for another blow off valve plate from Burger Motorsports, but their PDF instructions shows you where the stock diverter valve is. lol

Be sure to either plug the hole where the diverter valve hose goes back into the intake, or cap it with an appropriate sized filter to keep the air going into the engine clean.
The BMS blow off plate is actually only for the 1.6L, and won’t work for the 2.5L GT engine. I think that’s what the OP was talking about.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
42 Posts
Newbie here, I just purchased the shark racing BOV for the GT. This may be a dumb question but I really can't find the diverter valve to swap this out with for our engine. Anybody know where it is ? They say install is easy and I'm sure it will be when I locate the diverter
I know I'm a little late with this post, but I also bought the blow off valve from Shark racing for my 22 K5 GT. The blow off valve for our K5 GTs with the 2.5T is actually in a really tight spot. It is towards the front way deep down next to the bottom of the inner cooler. I tried installing mine the other day and was unsuccessful. It was late at night and by the time I realized that I would need to remove the inner cooler to get to it I just decided to reinstall the stock system since I needed my car to get to work the next morning. Going to make another attempt this weekend when I'll have more time.

But I have a question for you OP. The Sharkracing blow off valve came with a choice of 2 different attachments to which I assume is just to modify the blow off sound. Which one did you end up going with? Also, did you have any issues with check engine lights after the install? I've heard rumors that disconnecting the battery during the install takes care of this issue but its only rumor. Any light you can shed would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm a little late with this post, but I also bought the blow off valve from Shark racing for my 22 K5 GT. The blow off valve for our K5 GTs with the 2.5T is actually in a really tight spot. It is towards the front way deep down next to the bottom of the inner cooler. I tried installing mine the other day and was unsuccessful. It was late at night and by the time I realized that I would need to remove the inner cooler to get to it I just decided to reinstall the stock system since I needed my car to get to work the next morning. Going to make another attempt this weekend when I'll have more time.

But I have a question for you OP. The Sharkracing blow off valve came with a choice of 2 different attachments to which I assume is just to modify the blow off sound. Which one did you end up going with? Also, did you have any issues with check engine lights after the install? I've heard rumors that disconnecting the battery during the install takes care of this issue but its only rumor. Any light you can shed would be much appreciated.
Hi all, I have a GFB T9014 BOV installed on my K5 GT. The factory diverter valve is indeed a pain in the *******. I ended up taking it to a performance shop and it took them 2.5 hrs (originally quote 0.5-1hr) as they had to remove intercooler and entire air box. Not an easy job at all. But def worth every penny lol. The GFB is also adjustable so you can turn it to stock or anywhere in between but a little pain the get to to adjust since it’s at the bottom of the intercooler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.