Kia K5 Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Highly recommend contacting multiple dealers to get a better price. Also, if the timing works for you, consider ordering one from a dealer who's willing to let you get it at a good price. I paid MSRP for mine with no required add-ons in the sale.

· Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. Will try that route. Did you email each dealer individually (this is what I have been doing), or call and speak to someone?
I ordered one from a dealer about an hour from my house. I had a dealership that was closer to me tell me straight up that they add $5k to the MSRP right when they come off the truck. Basically told them to pound sand. I googled and found a dealer that doesn’t add an up charge. I ordered a 23’ K5 GT with the GT1 package and I’m just under $40k OTD. I’m located in IN. Just waiting for it now.

· Registered
443 Posts
Thanks guys. Saw the below car on Vroom. Just a little apprehensive about buying a car sight unseen. Any thoughts? I'm a little apprehensive about buying a car sight unseen....

Just from the pricing I would not just no but Hell no. Find a dealer that does not mark up from MSRP. for about
3-4k more you get a new one with the full 10 year warranty. You buy used the 10 year warranty goes away. You get 5.

· Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. Will try that route. Did you email each dealer individually (this is what I have been doing), or call and speak to someone?
I called and asked to speak to a manager to see what they could make happen. Made it crystal clear to them that I was getting the car, not going to pay over MSRP, and if they wanted my business, I'll make it as easy for them as possible, but if they don't want to sell it to me for MSRP, I will find other dealers. I think it's easier to convey that via phone call (tone of voice, etc) instead of email.

Fortunately in my case, I had a friend who had a really good experience with a Kia dealer a ways away, and they helped them out (way over mileage on a lease) when other dealers wouldn't. So I said "hey, I'm friends with (my friend), and they bought a car from you, and you helped them out, and they spoke highly of you. I'm in the market for a K5 GT, and was wondering if you could special order one for MSRP." Fortunately he was willing to help, and 4 months later, my K5 GT was there and I bought it with no problems (I was about $41.5k out the door due to California taxes and I decided to get an alarm from the dealer, too, but it wasn't required).

· Registered
2023 Kia K5 GT
154 Posts
Just from the pricing I would not just no but Hell no. Find a dealer that does not mark up from MSRP. for about
3-4k more you get a new one with the full 10 year warranty. You buy used the 10 year warranty goes away. You get 5.
Oh, Hey thanks for that information. I did not know that. Definitely will continue to search for a new one...Gotta have that warranty.
Just to clarify: If you buy a used Kia from a dealer and the car is "Kia Certified" you get the 10 year limited warranty (U.S.). You will get the paperwork that shows you get the full warranty.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car

· Registered
2023 Kia K5 GT
154 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Do I get the remainder of 5yr/60K bumper to bumper limited warranty as well?
Yes, anytime you buy a used Kia you get the base 5 year/60K mile warranty (U.S.). Before buying, get the VIN, and call the 1 800 333 4KIA (4542) customer service center - they can tell you when the car was originally sold and when the base warranty ends.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts