Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'22 GT-Line AWD
84 Posts
It largely depends on what your want your driving experience to be. This is my first car with motorized wheel controls and I love it as a daily driver. Turning is smooth, easy and makes my commute comfortable and quiet. It's also probably better for cornering and handling in general but...

...my Challenger still relies on a hydraulic system and if I can choose between them, I'm much happier with the hydraulics for my racing machine. There is a lot more feedback from the road which if nothing else, gives the illusion that you're in greater control of the car so it feels like you're issuing commands to it as opposed to it being all buttery smooth and doing the work for you.

I think it's mostly personal preference, but that's part of what owning fun toys is all about!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
940 Posts
I think I rather like the smoother driving feel from the steering wheel than a more mechanical or hydraulic steering for every day cruising. It's just easier and comfortable to drive, something I feel like it gets over looked by most auto journalists because they tend to treat every car like a sports car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts