1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,080 Posts
That info is for K5s with the 8" screen.

Just for reference, the 8" screen is the Gen 2V whereas the 10.25" screen is, I believe, the Gen 5W.

The latest infotainment updates are usually posted in the Notifications section of their main landing page.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was just looking at it this morning.

Is for the Display Audio update. You’ll see the process for updating there is different from the Navigation Updater (download the file outside the Nav App). I’m downloading that one now for my 2021 K5. The Navigation Updater says there’s an update, but, like you, it tells me THAT fie isn’t available.

I’ve got a 64 GB USB stick and, if this update does become available, as it’s formatted size is 62 GB, I’m going to have to get a bigger stick… again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was just looking at it this morning.

Is for the Display Audio update. You’ll see the process for updating there is different from the Navigation Updater (download the file outside the Nav App). I’m downloading that one now for my 2021 K5. The Navigation Updater says there’s an update, but, like you, it tells me THAT fie isn’t available.

I’ve got a 64 GB USB stick and, if this update does become available, as it’s formatted size is 62 GB, I’m going to have to get a bigger stick… again!
I tried to use the update.kia file as well and got the 'no supported files' popup, and is also only 1 Gb. The one via the desktop app shows 32 gb on my end.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup, apparently nothing for 10 inch screens for Display Update and (weirder) no map update for K5’s. Do they ever stagger map updates? Just seems that the K5 is on the same planet with the same roads as those other models… one might expect that the maps would get updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup, apparently nothing for 10 inch screens for Display Update and (weirder) no map update for K5’s. Do they ever stagger map updates? Just seems that the K5 is on the same planet with the same roads as those other models… one might expect that the maps would get updated.
I would expect that display and maps to be updated given they have the data for it, might just be a slow rollout given the total number of cars that the updates would effect if they did all at one time.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT
3 Posts
Anyone own a 2022 K5 GT and done the update? I see the update for 21 and other K5s but the 22 GT isn't on there.
Has anyone disabled split screen after the update to see if it works?

Anyone own a 2022 K5 GT and done the update? I see the update for 21 and other K5s but the 22 GT isn't on there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking at the details of the NAV changes, I actually think I’ve already got those features (as I can tell a POI when looking for gas to only show Chevron). So, maybe this is just giving older vehicles the same feature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts