Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,174 Posts
I'm averaging about 25-26 MPG through suburban-type roads overall. This is on mostly flat roads with a traffic light every mile or so.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, I have a really heavy foot so take that into my numbers. combo driving around Dallas area some highway so streets around 20. Highway trips (2) one was 32ish and the other was 35ish. only city about 17, but I do not putter from a red light. LOL

Yea I know gas prices, but I have a company car for all my business driving and only drive on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings. in almost 3 months of ownership less than 1600 miles. 1000 of that was the 2 trips.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
238 Posts
30.712 MPG average over 15 months & 14399 miles. If I didn't live in the northeast it would be higher, but MPG drops a little in the winter. I'd guess about 70% highway, 30% city. It actually gets about 2 MPG more than the 2016 Optima I had previously and this car is AWD and the Optima was FWD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I have a really heavy foot so take that into my numbers. combo driving around Dallas area some highway so streets around 20. Highway trips (2) one was 32ish and the other was 35ish. only city about 17, but I do not putter from a red light. LOL

Yea I know gas prices, but I have a company car for all my business driving and only drive on the weekends and occasionally in the evenings. in almost 3 months of ownership less than 1600 miles. 1000 of that was the 2 trips.
Why do we not believe you? :LOL:
grow up maybe?
Speedometer Trip computer Tachometer Odometer Light

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
238 Posts
30.712 MPG average over 15 months & 14399 miles. If I didn't live in the northeast it would be higher, but MPG drops a little in the winter. I'd guess about 70% highway, 30% city. It actually gets about 2 MPG more than the 2016 Optima I had previously and this car is AWD and the Optima was FWD.
I just use 87 octane. I usually get my gas at the speedway near my house.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got 46mpg travelling to work on about an hour commute. Back country roads (55mph speed limit) and through small towns (usually around 25 to 35mph speed limits). Avg 45mph for the trip over a 43.5mi trip. Havent had the car long enough to really see what she'll be like. Only have 160mi on the odometer.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line
18 Posts
So I was just able to get 39 mpg on the highway going 70 mph for 20 miles. I filled up and gauge said I have 416 miles to empty.
Accumulated avg.mpg of 28.9
Question for anyone - How much does having the AC on all the time play into this ? I live in Florida, so its always on. Think its a factor or are those days gone ?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts