Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am noticing a dearth of parts right now, am I the only one? Anyone know of a reasonable source. Are the parts the same as the 2020 Optima or are we just going to have to hold our breath until the aftermarket makers start to push out some parts.
For example I would prefer direct fitment coilovers, can't find a KN drop in filter to save myself. And I can't even find brakes at the moment not that I need them yet but that isn't the point.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We're still a new car in relative terms. I've heard through the grapevine AEM has some things in the works, and K&N will probably be right along with them, along with some other manufacturers as well.

I know we're all tired of it, but being in the Auto Industry (Manager of an Auto Parts store), CoVID has decimated supply lines and R&D for new things, even simple ones, is behind schedule. I'm surprised I could get a WIX cabin filter for mine, which is still under my desk here at work.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I am glad to hear that it isn't me and that there is stuff on the way. I was just worried that I was searching improperly or something. Also I figured that we were new but I have the itch.

@1st K5 I saw that it was on their website but it was out of stock and then was no where to be found at any local store so I was like errrr what is going on.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
I spoke with them and they confirmed that it's released for production but they don't know when it'll be available.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
I also want lowering springs but I don't want a huge drop. . 500 to. 800 max. Would also like a strut bar. Not sure about sway bars. Maybe better off changing only 1 depending if it under or over steers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You guys are crazy for wanting to remove your resonators. The cabin drone will get annoying quick, and it doesn't sound good at all on any street car, not even big honking V8's.

What we really need is a good catback system for the K5. Maybe headers too.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
You guys are crazy for wanting to remove your resonators. The cabin drone will get annoying quick, and it doesn't sound good at all on any street car, not even big honking V8's.

What we really need is a good catback system for the K5. Maybe headers too.
Possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts