Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So stupid me did't read correctly when purchasing my K5, the lady at the dealership actually talked me out of the AWD version and regretted it immediately after I got home. The apple play is a joke which most of us already now know, so does anyone know if there is an aftermarket adapter I can get so that I can control my satellite radio directly through the oem head unit? I'm not looking for an external receiver, I want to use my factory touch screen. Any info or advice would be awesome, thanks!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
the car comes with Sirius XM radio by default; is that what you are talking about? and my apple play works great with no issues...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car comes with Sirius XM radio by default; is that what you are talking about? and my apple play works great with no issues...
The standard GT Line does not come with it, only the AWD and the EX with premium package, so my car does not have it and I would like to get it. If you have not had any issues with apple play you are lucky, read the threads so many of us are having issues!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
The standard GT Line does not come with it, only the AWD and the EX with premium package, so my car does not have it and I would like to get it. If you have not had any issues with apple play you are lucky, read the threads so many of us are having issues!
Did you get coaxed into the 2021 model? The 2022 model with the GT-Line should come standard with UVO and SiriusXM. Only the 2021 model of the FWD GT-Line is strangely packaged without SiriusXM installed.

The 2022 models have the new Kia emblem while the 2021 still had the old oval Kia emblem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get coaxed into the 2021 model? The 2022 model with the GT-Line should come standard with UVO and SiriusXM. Only the 2021 model of the FWD GT-Line is strangely packaged without SiriusXM installed.

The 2022 models have the new Kia emblem while the 2021 still had the old oval Kia emblem.
Yes I got the 2021, I didn't even know the 2022's were out yet, I'm so disappointed with all the info I feel was left out. I don't know why she wouldn't want to upsell the AWD to me, unless maybe they didn't have any in stock which could be, especially since I was dead set on the color. I miss my satellite radio!!! My past car had heated seats and steering wheel as well that I would have liked to have again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts