Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago, my engine stalled, spat oil all over the engine bay and had a smoke storm. Called 3 dealerships and none could service my car within 2-3 weeks. I let it cool, and replaced a hose clamp thinking it was a vacuum leak. On the freeway today it did it again....barely made it off the freeway...barely avoided hitting the car in front on the off ramp, and barely made it to a parking lot before the smoke storm ensued. Kia arranged a tow to a dealership and left me in a random parking lot 50 miles from home during rush our. I got an Uber to the shittiest hotel I've ever stayed at....seriously disgusting. Not sure how I'm getting home tomorrow...hoping Kia will help with a rental car. Talk about a bad experience....can't believe they left me in a random parking lot with no where to go.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A couple weeks ago, my engine stalled, spat oil all over the engine bay and had a smoke storm. Called 3 dealerships and none could service my car within 2-3 weeks. I let it cool, and replaced a hose clamp thinking it was a vacuum leak. On the freeway today it did it again....barely made it off the freeway...barely avoided hitting the car in front on the off ramp, and barely made it to a parking lot before the smoke storm ensued. Kia arranged a tow to a dealership and left me in a random parking lot 50 miles from home during rush our. I got an Uber to the shittiest hotel I've ever stayed at....seriously disgusting. Not sure how I'm getting home tomorrow...hoping Kia will help with a rental car. Talk about a bad experience....can't believe they left me in a random parking lot with no where to go.

Here's what I already know about rental cars and reimbursement.

If you find out anything else please update the thread.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Here's what I already know about rental cars and reimbursement.

If you find out anything else please update the thread.
And I am sorry you're broke down it sucks... I started day 4 of no K5 today. I think I am having withdrawal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Friday morning 9/3 started my 2021 lsx and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree . Electric emergency brake wouldn't release , after 15 minutes It finally released but was in limp mode..had it flatbed to dealer..now I wait..

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was a holiday weekend so I had to wait until Tuesday and the dealer jumped right on it and found wires chewed by vermin and fixed it by noon and I was on my way so far nothing but good to say about them Williams KIA elmyria NY they came through for me .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts