Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I just got my new 21 k5 GT Line AWD with10 inch screen with wired android auto and im having a problem getting it to work. Not sure if I need a firmware update on the head unit. Android auto is up to date on my s10 and android auto is activated in the head unit. Everytime I plug in the cable I keep getting a message to use the right cable. Ive tried like 6 different cables. I order this one that is supposed to work with android auto but just keep getting the message. Amazon.com: [Upgrade] USB C Cable UP to 10Gbps, CONMDEX 2-Pack USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 USB-A Android Auto Cable, 3A Fast Charging Sync Data Transfer Cord for Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8 Note 9/8, 3.3FT: Industrial & Scientific Also order this one that will be here tuesday. Amazon.com: Anker USB C Cable, PowerLine+ USB-C to USB 3.0 cable (3ft), High Durability, for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S8, S8+, S9, S10, Sony XZ, LG V20 G5 G6, HTC 10, Xiaomi 5 and More. Has anyone else had the same problem with the 10 inch screen and android auto?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
Some cables might be charge only. I can say that Anker ones are my go-to trusted brand when it comes to USB cables and chargers. They are a well known company that makes USB cables to standard or beyond. A bit pricey but really can't go wrong with them.

Besides that, the USB cable that comes with your S10 should also work. I usually use the USB cable that came with my S10+ for my car as it tends to be a bit too short for my home use and not be bulky and can be tucked away easier. I've also used it to transfer files from my phone to my PC as well so data works through it.

Welcome to the K5 family btw!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You may not be pluging it into the right usb port, there is only ONE usb port for andoid auto and apple carplay, and its the one directly in the middle. The rest are for charging only.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some cables might be charge only. I can say that Anker ones are my go-to trusted brand when it comes to USB cables and chargers. They are a well known company that makes USB cables to standard or beyond. A bit pricey but really can't go wrong with them.

Besides that, the USB cable that comes with your S10 should also work. I usually use the USB cable that came with my S10+ for my car as it tends to be a bit too short for my home use and not be bulky and can be tucked away easier. I've also used it to transfer files from my phone to my PC as well so data works through it.

Welcome to the K5 family btw!
Ill try the s10 cable. Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts