Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email telling me there's an update for the navigation and multimedia systems. I just got my car like 3 weeks ago, and I don't know if it has the latest software already. How do I tell? My map version shows to be NAM.15.41.54.016.511.0.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow this link and it will show you the current update version available. KIA dealers rarely do updates prior to selling to the consumer.
Thanks, but no, I didn't expect the dealer to have done it. But mine is a '23 K5 that just got built and delivered 3 weeks ago. The latest update I see was April, 2022, so I was wondering (expecting?) that the factory installed it.

Or is there another one?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
I checked the version number on the list of models for the update and seems like your Nav is already on the latest version. They provide a list of models that the update is for and also the latest version number under the most frequent Notification post.

And just to be clear, K5s with the larger 10.25" screens will be under the "Navigation Map and Software Update". The other "Display Audio Software Update" will be for K5s with the smaller 8.5" screens without the built-in navigation.

As of this post, though, it seems that they have disabled the download link for the smaller 8.5" screen, possibly in preparations for a new update?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the version number on the list of models for the update and seems like your Nav is already on the latest version. They provide a list of models that the update is for and also the latest version number under the most frequent Notification post.

And just to be clear, K5s with the larger 10.25" screens will be under the "Navigation Map and Software Update". The other "Display Audio Software Update" will be for K5s with the smaller 8.5" screens without the built-in navigation.

As of this post, though, it seems that they have disabled the download link for the smaller 8.5" screen, possibly in preparations for a new update?
Thanks, Kuno. I've been on the run and when I looked at the website I didn't see the version listing. I figured mine was already updated, but you never know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts