Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've seen some of k5s here and there, and it just looks amazing.

and I am waiting for 22 versions to come out to Canada.

Wanna buy Ex or GT line, and just wanna know that what the best offer I can get from a dealer.

is there any offers I can get from them when I buy a new car?

first buying in Canada. know nothing. :(

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
181 Posts
I'm not in Canada, but here in the US, the chip shortage has made car buying unpredictable to say the least.

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
38 Posts
Hey Roy, where abouts in Canada ? I am in Alberta and just picked up a 2021 EX. It wasn't the package I was originally after but after driving the EX and GT-Line, I felt better in the EX than I did in the GT-Line. I went with AWD as I live in an area that screams for it during winter. Their warranty is off the charts! I would expect different dealerships to have different deals, and seeing that the 2022 models are sure to come in around September/October, I am sure they will want to get rid of 21's with deals and perks. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
38 Posts
@Viciouscouch17
Wait, you guys get AWD on the EX trim up in Canada? We only get AWD on the LXS and GT-Line trims in the US... 😥
Correct. It's strange to me that Canada and USA have different specs. You'd think they would offer the same trims for North America. My options here were the LX, LXS, EX, GT-Line FWD, GT-Line AWD and the GT

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
38 Posts
That's for 2021 models. 2022 was a different beast on its own. Get this with that, lose out on this, blah blah. 2022 models aren't available until late September or October.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
Yeah it's weird, our GT-Line trims are listed below the EX while Canada is the reverse. lol You guys also get the full LCD instrument cluster, too. We don't get that on any trim level.

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
38 Posts
Yeah it's weird, our GT-Line trims are listed below the EX while Canada is the reverse. lol You guys also get the full LCD instrument cluster, too. We don't get that on any trim level.
My EX doesn't have the full LCD. That is only available with the premium package (I believe) and the GT. I also have the 8 inch screen instead of the 10, which sadly, I miss out on my SiriusXM

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
Really? Weird... My 2021 GT-Line with the AWD comes bundled with both UVO and SiriusXM. It's part of the standard AWD package. Unfortunately, the base FWD GT-Line doesn't get that.

Also, none of our packages on any trim levels come with the full LCD... lol 😭

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Roy, where abouts in Canada ? I am in Alberta and just picked up a 2021 EX. It wasn't the package I was originally after but after driving the EX and GT-Line, I felt better in the EX than I did in the GT-Line. I went with AWD as I live in an area that screams for it during winter. Their warranty is off the charts! I would expect different dealerships to have different deals, and seeing that the 2022 models are sure to come in around September/October, I am sure they will want to get rid of 21's with deals and perks. Good luck!
Wow good to see someone living in Alberta! I am currently living in Calgary, and looking to buying GT (not gt line, sorry it was my fault) which is just one step up from EX LINE. I am waiting for 22 line ups to be coming as I am korean. (They are waiting for new logo as they have seen old one for years and years!). I know ex model is just enough to me but it's hard not to choose 10.25 screen, even though I use the phone for it. Damn... :(
I hate korean brands play with "options".
Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
67 Posts

Wanna buy Ex or GT line, and just wanna know that what the best offer I can get from a dealer.

To be honest, right now because of the chip shortage, many kias I've seen are over sticker. Not the greatest time to buy a car at thr lowest price lol

·
Registered
2021 K5 EX AWD
38 Posts
Wow good to see someone living in Alberta! I am currently living in Calgary, and looking to buying GT (not gt line, sorry it was my fault) which is just one step up from EX LINE. I am waiting for 22 line ups to be coming as I am korean. (They are waiting for new logo as they have seen old one for years and years!). I know ex model is just enough to me but it's hard not to choose 10.25 screen, even though I use the phone for it. Damn... :(
I hate korean brands play with "options".
Thanks for your reply!
I missed out on the 10 inch screen and siriusxm but its ok, I don't need anything fancy. I got my Kia from South Trail

·
Registered
20 Posts

I lucked out in Ontario Canada and got a 2022 gt the first to buy one and it's 40,500

1 - 16 of 16 Posts