Kia K5 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine came with them from the dealer. Keep forgetting they are even there because they really aren’t bright at all. The set up on it is nice but I would go with aftermarket lights. Would probably be much cheaper too
Im not sure if you are aware of the dimming button on the driverside dash to the left of the steering wheel. It controls the brightness of your screen display and instrument panel. Maybe its possible that it controls that mood lighting too. Can you show us pictures of what yours look like because i didnt inow it was an option.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
Are these lights factory? I like that. Does anybody know if the glass bar in the dash in front of the passenger seat lights up or does anything?
These aren't factory but are EL (electroluminescent) wires made for cars they are fairly cheap in price and looks pretty easy to install. There are more expensive options out there like optic fiber solutions but those are like 5-10x the price.

As for factory light up door and dash accent bars, those seem to be only in the Korean versions. We only get the floor board "mood" lighting.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
68 Posts
Wow yeah definitely didn’t get that 10

wow yeah definitely got scammed I got everything else except that 10.25 screen. It looks way better than what I got. :(
At least the 8" screen has wireless AA and Carplay.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
Wow yeah definitely didn’t get that 10

wow yeah definitely got scammed I got everything else except that 10.25 screen. It looks way better than what I got. :(
In the 2021 models, the 10.25" screens are only on the Special Edition AWD package in Wolf Gray and red interior. I think in the 2022 models, you get more of a choice if you happen to build it out yourself.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
23 Posts
In the 2021 models, the 10.25" screens are only on the Special Edition AWD package in Wolf Gray and red interior. I think in the 2022 models, you get more of a choice if you happen to build it out yourself.
That’s exactly what I have expect for the 10.25” so my dealer shorted me on a feature.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
So the 10.25” doesn’t have that? I thought it was standard with all K5 models ?
Nope, while the 8" screen has wireless AA/AC, the 10.25" screen has navigation (with UVO subscription), Navigation-based SCC, and a few other features exclusive to the bigger screen.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
23 Posts
Nope, while the 8" screen has wireless AA/AC, the 10.25" screen has navigation (with UVO subscription), Navigation-based SCC, and a few other features exclusive to the bigger screen.
Wow that’s crazy, i don’t like how Kia went about doing the feature separations especially if you have the GT-line AWD premium package. You should have definitely got a 10.25” screen with the AA/AC. Don’t even get me started on those fake exhaust vents. My biggest problem with the car yet.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts