Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked a GT-Line a few days ago and loving it... well, for the most part. I'm having issues with what sounds like faint vibrations/rattles on the driver side roof liner and passenger side (possibly the sunroof) of the car inside the cabin. The best I can describe what the noises sound like are slight vibrations against the foam lining, but hard to say for sure. At least on the driver's side, I confirmed where the noise is coming from by pressing up against the roof liner while driving. Doing that will make the noise stop, so it seems like something is not seated properly up there. And for reference, the noise isn't ridiculously loud, but definitely noticeable if you're driving without any music on. Another well known issue I'm running into is the constant connection drop with wireless Apple CarPlay, but not sure if that's a KIA issue or an iOS issue.

From what I've seen online, it seems like other KIA owners experience the vibration/rattle issue on their new car too, but just wanted to see if any other K5 owners are experiencing this. It's something that drives me crazy, but I need to figure out if it's something I just need to live with or take it to the dealership to have them look at it. I honestly dread going to the KIA service department since my experience with them have always been not so pleasant across multiple dealerships.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi @m39.
Have you checked for any software updates/bug fixes that could possibly remedy the Apple CarPlay issue?
For the vibration/rattle issue. I recommend you start by emailing Kia corporate and seeing what they say, then work your way down to the dealer level.
If that fails (I hope not), then as a community we'll have to look at the DIY route.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi @m39.
Have you checked for any software updates/bug fixes that could possibly remedy the Apple CarPlay issue?
For the vibration/rattle issue. I recommend you start by emailing Kia corporate and seeing what they say, then work your way down to the dealer level.
If that fails (I hope not), then as a community we'll have to look at the DIY route.
I just updated iOS, so we'll see if that resolves the issue. No new firmware update on KIA's side as far as I know.

And good idea about contacting KIA corporate. I'll give that a shot and let you guys know what they say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hopefully you can get these things resolved soon, I'm sure at least some of it can be annoying. Also, glad you found your way over here from OptimaForums. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully you can get these things resolved soon, I'm sure at least some of it can be annoying. Also, glad you found your way over here from OptimaForums. :D
I hope so too. Thanks again for pointing me here!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum @m39! Are the vibrations/noises that you're hearing constantly going on or do they happen in certain situations?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum @m39! Are the vibrations/noises that you're hearing constantly going on or do they happen in certain situations?
Thanks @Twiggy! If the roads aren't perfectly paved and smooth, you'll be able to hear the vibrations/rattles. So in other words, pretty much majority of the time I'm driving without music, I'll be able to hear it clearly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a message back from Kia corporate. Pretty much told me to take it to a dealership:

Good afternoon. We have received your recent online contact and we appreciate the opportunity to assist. We are terribly sorry to hear about the issues in reference to your Kia. In order to address your concerns, please authorize your local Kia dealership to perform a vehicle diagnosis. If your vehicle has recently been diagnosed for these concerns, please let us know. We will contact the dealer for more information and review further.

·
Registered
59 Posts
These panoramic sunroofs can make noise. Some are silent, some are not. Motorweek had a long-term Optima years ago and had sunroof noise they couldn’t fix, but one day it just disappeared on its own.

You could compare it to another K5 at the dealer.

I follow Kia Stinger and most of them make some noise
The dealers take the customer for a ride in a new one on the lot and it makes the same noises so they don’t try to fix anything.

But maybe yours is out of normal range.

Finally, silicone spray quiets a lot of things.

Wireless CarPlay is brand new, so like you said could be Kia, could be IOS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts