Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often check Korean K5 forums to see what type of issues they go through and found out oil leak issues have becoming more frequent and they end up getting their engines replaced. Has anyone had an oil leak?

Well good thing is that 10 year warranty will probably cover this here also since it's part of the powertrain problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car which has 2400 miles on it, the car sputtered and lost all power, the oil light came on after and I had it towed, the diagnostics has yet to be told but , I hope it’s not this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3300 miles, 5 days at the dealer and they finally found a crack in the block by the oil pan. New engine going in

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3300 miles, 5 days at the dealer and they finally found a crack in the block by the oil pan. New engine going in
That looks to be very common in Korea. That was the exact same issue that I brought up originally. They are getting "a short engine" in Korea which sounds like a refreshed one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
SAME HERE !! Came downstairs and there was fluid all over the pavement I backed the car up so I can pop open the hood and car sputtered and completely lost all power then oil pressure light came on. Had it towed to dealership next morning was told there was a lose drain plug and a blown head gasket supposedly they fixed the drain plug and repaired the head gasket. Few days later notice more fluid leaking took it back and was told by service manager that he wasn't going to service my car or me anymore and dismissed me. Was told by manufacturer to take my car to another dealer in another city so I did that and was told I had A LOSE DRAIN PLUG , SLOW OIL LEAK , AND MISSING PARTS UNDERNEATH CAR ALONG WITH ALOT OF ITS HARDWARE (SCREW, CLIPS, ETC.) Currently still driving around like that because no one has reached back out to me for a follow up , no ones returned my calls, NOTHING WHATSOEVER!! So I got myself a lawyers and Currently filing a lawsuit.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
Ugh... Hurts my soul when I read this and how the dealer had treated you throughout. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with any further insight but regardless of who's at fault, I hope you be able to get this all resolved. It's one thing to have your car in for repairs but if new problems constantly arises after every visit then there's something wrong with the whole process. I wish all the best of luck with it all.

I also want to say that the dealership you bought your car from seem pretty dishonest and shady as hell. I hope Kia will be able to get the car properly repaired and straightened out free of cost (if you so choose to) and just push that dealership under the bus for mistreatment and misrepresenting the brand. Dealers like them just adds fuel to the bad stories of Kia dealers in general.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts