Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2022 Kia K5 GT Line and for the life of me, I think something is wrong. My 1st issue is: I'm playing the radio or Bluetooth while driving, I reach my destination and turn the car off. When I open the door thats when the radio turns off. Which is fine. When I get back in and start the car, my radio/media is off. Been to two dealers and they say that's normal because the system doesn't know what to do. I tell them it should be where I left it. Smh. My next issue is the whistling at the top part of the door, one dealer says that's normal and the other dealer says that they hope it gets worst so they can pinpoint where it's coming from, but they can hear it. Maybe to some its minor but the whistling sounds to me like nails on a chalkboard. Anyone else have these issues?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
40 Posts
I just bought a 2022 Kia K5 GT Line and for the life of me, I think something is wrong. My 1st issue is: I'm playing the radio or Bluetooth while driving, I reach my destination and turn the car off. When I open the door thats when the radio turns off. Which is fine. When I get back in and start the car, my radio/media is off. Been to two dealers and they say that's normal because the system doesn't know what to do. I tell them it should be where I left it. Smh. My next issue is the whistling at the top part of the door, one dealer says that's normal and the other dealer says that they hope it gets worst so they can pinpoint where it's coming from, but they can hear it. Maybe to some its minor but the whistling sounds to me like nails on a chalkboard. Anyone else have these issues?
Welcome FeeG! I can't speak to the radio issue when you turn the car on and off. However the whistling from the top part of the drivers side door with the window closed has been discussed in the forum- you can search the site ("Search Community") at the top of the page to find the thread. I don't recall if there is a root cause but there were two fixes of note to reduce the noise to "normal." 1) If you select the air circulator button to recycle the air within the car as opposed to allowing the air to flow in from the outside. Not sure what this does but that helps reduce the noise. 2) Members have found, including myself, that if you get the windows tinted, that little film from the tint creates enough of a thickness to seal off the point where the air is coming in.

Hope you find this helpful.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
You may want to see if the doors are misaligned and have the dealer readjust them to sit more flush and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
85 Posts
Didn't someone mention the other day, that you have to set your radio to the type of media you want when it first starts? Via the settings? I'll check mine this morning (mine always starts with the radio off)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts