Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like having the lights go on when I open the door, but the yellow light that stays on is very annoying to me especially at night. Im guessing I just have to live with it. I was hoping maybe there was a fuse I could pull, but im sure that would probably disable something else.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are the yellow lights? Is it the map lights above the front seats?
yes the its a single yellow light overhead by the map lights. When you press it to put it in door mode so the lights come on when you open the door. If you press it again the light goes off, but then its dark whenever you open the doors which I dont want.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
15 Posts
yes the its a single yellow light overhead by the map lights. When you press it to put it in door mode so the lights come on when you open the door. If you press it again the light goes off, but then its dark whenever you open the doors which I dont want.
That it the indicator light to let you know that feature is active. Pretty sure that cannot be shut off.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
Everyone's got their little nitpicks. lol But yeah, other than taking the Switch out and doing a little rewiring of the switch itself in pretty sure that the light is powered by the same electrical wire that the switch is operating on. Meaning there's no specific fuse for just that light. I know I got annoyed by it at first too but learned to just live with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That little light? Being picky much? To each their own I guess.
If it was white i dont think it would bother me, but a yellow light is more noticable. Its bothering me enough that I have it turned off and are living with the car dark when I open the doors. Seems dumb that they would have to notify me of how the lights are set.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if the light bulb can just be taken out? or even switched to white.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
I think it's a diode that's in the switch itself. You can probably take it out and change it for another diode color but you'll have to see how big it is. The difficulty depends on how the LED is installed in there.

There might also be a bit of soldering involved as, again, depending on how the LED is installed in there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is kinda bright and seems pretty pointless to me.

Get some painters tape and tape off the button really well around the led. Get a sharpie/Milwaukee/paint pen and dab it until it reaches a satisfactory level of brightness.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
While taking a look at this, I was wondering if shorting the "Bottons back light" to ground (or pulling it from the connector) would do the trick.

Btw, pin location for Type A is without sunroof (pin 16) and Type B is with the sunroof (pin 20). The position of the "Botton back light" pin are different on both so look carefully before attempting.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While taking a look at this, I was wondering if shorting the "Bottons back light" to ground (or pulling it from the connector) would do the trick.

Btw, pin location for Type A is without sunroof (pin 16) and Type B is with the sunroof (pin 20). The position of the "Botton back light" pin are different on both so look carefully before attempting.
Thanks but im going to take it to the dealer and hope they can just take out the bulb.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts