Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to cram both topics into one post.

I find it unbelievably frustrating that I can’t use Apple CarPlay wirelessly in my 2021 K5 EX. Why on earth is it available in lesser models and not this better interface, I can’t figure out. Why do the not offer an update to add it? Very disappointed!

I also have a cracking/settling noise coming from passenger side door or windshield. I have an appointment at the dealership but wanted see if anyone else has or had the issue. Dealerships love to come up with the “can not duplicate” excuse.

Thanks,
Flip

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Yeah, it is dumb that the bigger screens don't have wireless AA/AC. Maybe there will be a way to unlock down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, unfortunately.

As for the cracking/settling noise, when does it occur? Do you hear it when you make a turn, go a certain speed, or just occasionally? Can you also pinpoint where on the door it is coming from or have someone help you hear where it is? It's possible that something might be loose in there, maybe a wire clip came loose or something to that effect.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
39 Posts
I believe the newer larger screen was built using Linux software (seen that mentioned in a video from a dealership), however at present due to that it doesn’t offer wireless AppleCarplay/Android Auto. However it seems they are waiting for some sort of update and have promised that update in the future so we will see….

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it is dumb that the bigger screens don't have wireless AA/AC. Maybe there will be a way to unlock down the road but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, unfortunately.

As for the cracking/settling noise, when does it occur? Do you hear it when you make a turn, go a certain speed, or just occasionally? Can you also pinpoint where on the door it is coming from or have someone help you hear where it is? It's possible that something might be loose in there, maybe a wire clip came loose or something to that effect.
I haven’t been able to pinpoint the exact location. It seems to me that it is coming from the pillar area of windshield/passenger door. I have read that people have the windshield stress fracture in that area. It occurs while driving normally with little uneven surfaces, slow speeds entering driveways and such, and turning onto or off of elevated entrances or exits. And at low speeds over speed bumps, etc…

The CarPlay issue is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
One thing I would check is the black exterior windshield molding on the passenger side. It's been known to be loose from factory some times. If it is loose like the pins aren't catching all the way, you can push it in until it snaps into place. Otherwise, I would just take it to the dealer and let them handle it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts