Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been experiencing issues with CarPlay? Either doesnt auto connect consistently or when it does, Sri is always saying, "on it" or "one sec."

Never had these issues prior to my K5. Suggestions welcome and thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I’ve had the problem of it not consistently connecting but I haven’t had Siri saying anything.

·
Registered
Kia K5 GT-Line
9 Posts
I seem to always have this issue. End up having to delete my phone from my car settings and reconnect it completely. That works every time but still really annoying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kia says keep you iPhone software updated, I do but I think it’s a Kia software problem.

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I seem to always have this issue. End up having to delete my phone from my car settings and reconnect it completely. That works every time but still really annoying.
Same here. Kia needs to do a software fix

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. Definitely a Kia issue. Beyond annoying......
Fought with Kia since purchase in Jan. Kia claimed Apple -Apple Claimed didn’t know of issue. Conf called Kia who said Apple knows of issue-got Apple on call they said knew of no issues! Act Apple tech said he just bought a VW and has no issue!!!! I’ve heard everything from apple update caused issue to Kia knew of issue let dealers know but mgt didn’t let sales know! Finally 3 weeks ago Kia updated “they said the apple update fix” worked a lot better until this week! Horrible now constantly disconnects, extremely dangerous when using map in rush hour traffic while traveling and it just disconnects! Going to investigate legal remedies now! It’s total BS on Kia’s behalf!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fought with Kia since purchase in Jan. Kia claimed Apple -Apple Claimed didn’t know of issue. Conf called Kia who said Apple knows of issue-got Apple on call they said knew of no issues! Act Apple tech said he just bought a VW and has no issue!!!! I’ve heard everything from apple update caused issue to Kia knew of issue let dealers know but mgt didn’t let sales know! Finally 3 weeks ago Kia updated “they said the apple update fix” worked a lot better until this week! Horrible now constantly disconnects, extremely dangerous when using map in rush hour traffic while traveling and it just disconnects! Going to investigate legal remedies now! It’s total BS on Kia’s behalf!!
Please keep us posted, this is soooo annoying!! I can't tell you how aggravated I am every day over this

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a side note my Android Auto audio will start to disconnect at random times, typically after like 20 minutes of driving. I'll get rapid in and out cutting like I'm losing signal until I forcefully disconnect my phone, it's at random times as well. I brought my car to Kia service center last week and they told me no head unit firmware updates were available. Hopefully they release an update at some point... This is KIA's problem, they need to fix it but they choose to ignore it. The car is having issues doing phone projection for android auto and apple car play, which is done by tapping into the Wifi connection on your phone and the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been experiencing issues with CarPlay? Either doesnt auto connect consistently or when it does, Sri is always saying, "on it" or "one sec."

Took our K5 in for service just yesterday 7/3/21 and asked for an infotainment update. Wireless CarPlay working perfectly now.

·
Registered
2021,KIA,K5,GT
12 Posts
I’m finding it annoying when I’m listening to radio and it switches to Spotify randomly! I’ll close Spotify on phone and it still connects randomly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive had that issue of I’m listening to Siriusxm then it will switch to YouTube music but that happens if I’m in a certain area.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
I know there's a settings in Android Auto to disable Auto resume media from the Infotainment screen. Unchecking this setting would allow whatever is currently playing (i.e., SiriusXM, Radio, etc.) to stay playing even after the Android Auto reconnects. Maybe there's a similar setting for Carplay?

·
Registered
3 Posts

I am still having issues connecting to CarPlay without having to use A USB cable

1 - 17 of 17 Posts