Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the April 2022 Navigation Map and Software Update on my 2022 K5 GT-Line. I like the new "Prefer Fwy" option for navigation. I swear the interstate was either the primary or second choice to get to my work back in Feb. But then it stopped choosing that route. I now have it back with the new option.

I changed my map theme to Caffe Latte instead of the default Milk (white).

Finally, the radio preset order can be changed! That should've been there day one.

I should've taken a photo of the black home screen before the update. Has the weather always been displayed on the top right?

Did I notice any lost settings? Yes. I lost my navigation favorites. I had to set my Home and Work addresses again.

Erick

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just installed the April 2022 Navigation Map and Software Update on my 2022 K5 GT-Line. I like the new "Prefer Fwy" option for navigation. I swear the interstate was either the primary or second choice to get to my work back in Feb. But then it stopped choosing that route. I now have it back with the new option.

Finally, the radio preset order can be changed! That should've been there day one.

I should've taken a photo of the black home screen before the update. Has the weather always been displayed on the top right?

Did I notice any lost settings? Yes. I lost my navigation favorites. I had to set my Home and Work addresses again.

Erick
UPDATE: I noticed more changes yesterday:
1. On the black home screen, there's now temperature info on the top right.
2. On the black home screen, there's a line bar on the bottom left that acts like a progress bar when listening to a podcast and/or song via Bluetooth.
3. The steering feel in Normal drive mode is stiffer. I really like this. Someone tell me I'm not going crazy. There doesn't seem to be as much play in the steering, right?
4. You can customize what the up and down controls do on the left side of the steering wheel.
5. UVO has been renamed "Kia Connect" on the UI.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
977 Posts
Ever since the update, my GPS is wacky.
I put in a destination, it takes long to "connect and calculate" . Once the route is set, the arrow doesn't follow the route on the screen even though my car is on it which makes it recalculate route often. Never happened before.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Erick
How do you get the update?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
977 Posts
Kia website. Google kia software update. You need a 64g USB key. You download it and then go plug it in your car while the car is on. Let it do its thing. Depending on how far behind you are on updates, may take 1.5hrs or so.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX White
9 Posts
I have the larger 10" screen and knew that the 8" did have it but any idea on when to expect WAA for the larger screen? Doesn't the head unit of the 10" have the hardware for it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the larger 10" screen and knew that the 8" did have it but any idea on when to expect WAA for the larger screen? Doesn't the head unit of the 10" have the hardware for it?
The hardware appears to be there for it, but it’s not a feature that’s expected to be available at any point. There are folks around the internet that have posted why they think that’s the case, BUT in the end, they’re all just saying “It’s not coming to the 10” inch screens.”

1 - 12 of 12 Posts